Thursday, May 28, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend

My Uncle Roy, my Dad's brother, posted these photos he took at my Grandparents gravesite. I do not have a picture of their tombstone and so I was really happy to finally have one.
Donald F. Lutes
SGT USAAF WWII
Feb 19 1922 Jun 22 2004
Charlene Eden Lutes
Nov 7 1924 Dec 14 2006

This is my Uncle "visiting" with his parents
Avynlea headed out to the farm after church on Sunday and late that night Kefford and Ryker made it in from their trip to Washington. Sunday evening I asked if we could do a fire pit and roast hotdogs and marshmallows the next day. Whitney suggested we go up to the church camp to do that and then  the kids could go on the waterside. We all did a slap dash job of pulling food and things together and then we were on our way. It started raining after we first got there and it was a little cold. Luckily Trista had a plethora of extra jackets in her car for those of us who did not bring one. I did pack a sweater for the weekend but Kefford and I drove to the camp in his Mom's car and so my stuff was left behind. I was pretty sad about it but then I got one of Tristas jackets and everything was great. The rain stopped and the sun came out not too much later and we got to roast our hot dogs and play some games. I started to play catch with Kefford but after a little while he must have been bored with my poor skills because he suddenly started throwing the ball to Bailey and Ryker. So I sat back and watched and then watched the kids playing on the water slide. It took some of them a little bit to warm up to going down the slide but once they did they had a blast and stayed on it the entire time

Dustin, Madison, Asher, Tayvia, Kelsey, Xander and Brit

Ryker, Kenedy, Brielle and Rylee



Rylee going down the slide in a trash bag. I was informed it made them go faster but it didn't seem like it made a real difference to me.
Ally and Avynlea eating up the yummy watermelon!
At one point Bailey and Ryker strung Ryker's shirt on the flagpole and when that was not exciting enough they decided to try and see if they could rope up Ryker and get him to the top. He did not get very far off the ground before they realized it was not going to work. 





Next time we do this it will be with better planning so that I can have a bathing suit on hand to go down the slide with my kids, they were having so much fun and I was a little jealous not to be able to join in on the fun. What a great end to a fun weekend!