Monday, December 22, 2014

The start of a Great Trip!

Friday Afternoon I went over to the Elementary school to pop in on Avynlea and Rylee's class parties. Rylee's class was playing a fun game where they had to keep the clipboard on their head and then draw what the parent helper told them to draw. The first round was spent drawing a Christmas scene with a tree, mantel and stockings. The second round they drew a snowman. It was fun watching them attempt to draw a picture without seeing it and it being on their head. After they were finished they got to look at the drawing they made and then were awarded points for how accurate they were. I had fun watching them play this game and I really wanted to do it too. It was such a fun and creative idea.  I liked watching them take their first look at what they drew, I am pretty sure they all were a mass of scribbles. 


The next day, Saturday, was spent cleaning and packing for our Christmas trip to the Oregon Coast with Kefford's family. We wanted to leave earlier but Kenedy had cheer choreography she really couldn't miss so we had to have a late start. She had practice until 2:00 but we picked her up a little after 1:00 to head out and get on the road. 
I snapped these pictures of my kids sleeping or attempting to sleep early on in our drive, I thought they looked so cute and cozy. Unfortunately, this calm did not last too long and we were then thrust back into normal Peterson road trip happenings.