Thursday, December 25, 2014

Oregon Coast Day 3 Aquarium

Tuesday was the day that my kids were really excited for. It was Aquarium day!!! They have been looking forward to this visit for a while now. But first, before we did that, the Grandkids got to make more decorations for the tree. 





After lunch it was time to leave for the Aquarium and once again we stopped at scenic spots to take pictures and to look at the beauty of the world.

Waves crashing against the rocks is a really beautiful and mesmerizing thing to look at. I thought the scene in the picture below had the makings of a great haunting.



I really wanted to visit a lighthouse and the one we found and stopped at was of course under construction. What a bummer! Kenedy snapped a picture of it any way and I am glad she did because it is better then nothing.

Finally we made it to the Aquarium and I let Kenedy take pictures until she got tired of it and then handed the phone back to me.
Fish Madison, Scuba Diver Ryker and Octopus Tayvia 











There was a little area where you could touch some of the things found in the ocean. I think the only things in there were anemones, those were fun and interesting to carefully feel.






This picture below just cracks me up!
We all loved walking through the shark tunnel. Those are some creepy looking animals. There was even an area on the floor that had glass so we could see them swimming below.

Once again Ryker had his buddy Audrey attached to him. Throughout our time at the Aquarium I would hear her calling for him and it was so cute.










I had a lot of fun looking at all the different sea life. There are really some weird and creepy looking things that live in the ocean.
After we were done we decided to try one more time to visit a lighthouse. This was a historic lighthouse around the corner from the Aquarium. When we got there,  it was, of course, closed. Open only Wed. through Sun. Blah. Once again all I could do was take a picture and wish I could have gone inside.

Little toddler bums are so cute! 
Madison and Tayvia had lots of fun hanging over the couch.
Bob decided to take all of the adults out to dinner at Mo's a restaurant famous for it's Clam Chowder and Seafood. He generously bought happy meals for all the kids being left at home. When he and Trista came in carrying the boxes of food I could not believe it. This picture does not do justice as to how much food there was. The total price came to $98 that alone should tell you it was a lot of food.
I had fun eating out with all the adults but since I am one who does not enjoy food from the sea I had a hamburger. I know it's lame but I did try the chowder and I had a bite of the cod Kefford ordered.