Friday, December 26, 2014

Oregon Coast Day 4 Christmas Eve

The day before Christmas was a day that had nothing planned or going on. It was meant to be a day for any last minute prepping for Christmas. In the morning Kefford and I went with Jeremy, Gwen, Trista and Kenedy to the outlet mall for some shopping. Alison had given the adults a little bit of money for Christmas with the idea that we could use it at the mall. I found sone cute things in Old Navy that I was happy about although I did not think a lot of the prices lived up to what I expected an outlet mall to be. That's ok, whatever. 
After we got back, Sara wanted to go down to the beach to get some pictures since it was a sunny day. As we headed down we passed the hot tub where Rylee was entertaining her cousins with some crazy dancing. 
It was really rainy the day before with some really big waves going on. We were hoping to see some cool things that might have been washed up from the stormy sea. We did see a jelly fish that was missing some important parts. Still pretty cool to see.


That evening, after dinner, we all gathered together and Bob talked to the kids a little bit about why we celebrate Christmas. It was chaotic but still nice and hopefully enough people got the message.

I spent a lot of time taking pictures of everyone else so I made Sara take a picture with me just to have proof that I was there.

Afterwards we all trickled back to our areas and I had my kids come in my room so that they could open their pajamas. They all loved them and loved the designs I put on their shirts. I did Kenedys shirt last because it took me a while to come up with something that was teenage appropriate. I love the hashtag idea I did and later wished I had thought to do a hashtag on all of my kids pajamas. Maybe next year.





Look at my kids all getting so big and growing up. I often think about how things will change as they get older and wonder about gatherings like this big Peterson one and how that will change. Also thinking about the Lutes family trips we take and how those will probably change or get harder to do. I get panicky thinking about things changing and/or no longer being able to do things and so I have to just not think about it and take it one day, one month, one year at a time and hope that I will always be content. 
For now I am grateful for the family I have and for the memories and time I do have to spend with those I love.