Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Best Day!

Heather texted me quite a few months ago saying she had tickets to see Katy Perry in September and asked if I wanted to come. I didn't know if I was going to be able to but it worked out that I could go and so that was exciting. The day before I left I had my friend come over to touch up the highlights in my hair. She did not have ant of the toner to put in after the bleach and said she liked the way the color blended but wanted me to wash and dry my hair to see if I liked the color and if I didn't she would go get more toner to put in. So I washed and dried and flat ironed my hair and when I looked in the mirror I thought it looked fine but I took a picture as well so I could see how it looked in the photo. That too looked awesome so I texted her that it was great and I was happy with it. All ready to go to California!
My Aunt had commented on a photo I put online and then she had said she liked the photo and to let her know the next time I was in town so we could get together. It has been a couple of years since I have seen my Aunt and Uncle and so I was really excited to let her know that I was going to be in town soon. The morning I flew in Heather, Erin, Ashleigh and Mom picked me up at the airport and we headed out to Simi Valley for lunch with my Aunt and Uncle. 

Aunt Jeri had a birthday party for her Great Granddaughter that she was supposed to go to at 1:00 and so we were only going to stay for a few hours. But while we were there and talking she was saying that she really didn't want to go because she sees them all of the time and never gets to see us. So I did not feel bad at all when our two hour visit turned into a seven hour visit! Aunt Jeri and Uncle Mike just kept us there talking and visiting. It was so amazing to visit and talk and catch up with two people whom I love and who have always been a big support in my life. 

Ashleigh was talking to Mom about a better way to position her hands so they didn't hurt as much doing planks and then they had to try it out. Of course I had to take a picture of them showing off their skills!
We then got pictures of all of us because I insisted on it! ;)


Elizabeth, Ashleigh, Mom, Aunt Jeri, Erin and Heather
Elizabeth, Uncle Mike and Aunt Jeri



It was good that we stayed at their house for so long because right after we headed twenty minutes over to Pasadena to watch Ashleigh's friends husband perform in "Thoroughly Modern Millie". Nobody realized where the play was until we drove past pasadena and saw that it would be ridiculous to drive the two hours to Simi Valley go back home and then come all the way back that night for the play. My Aunt and Uncle did us a great favor by having us stay so long. Tit for Tat. We helped them not have to go to the party they did not want to go to by staying so long and they saved us a lot of needless driving. Yay!

The play was done in a theater in the round and I have never seen a play like that before. It was really fun and such a cool way to watch it. I was soooo tired but am glad that we got to go watch the play. It was really done and performed well!