Monday, August 2, 2010

Fourth Grade Rendezvous

I have been trying to catch up on posting all of the pictures I have but it has been kinda difficult. I have pictures sitting on my cell phone, on my old camera and on my new camera. So I will be posting but they will be very randomly out of order. :o)
Back in May Kenedy went on the Fourth Grade Rendezvous. This is the year that they study Idaho History and to celebrate at the end of the year all of the fourth graders in the district get together for a rendezvous at Meridian Middle School. My Mom was in town visiting and Kenedy really wanted us to come and be with her. I wanted to also but that was the day that Kefford had Surgery on his foot and so I really needed to be at home helping him. But we did manage to sneak away for about half an hour to see what was going on.

Here are all of the Fourth Graders from Linder Elementary. Kenedy is in the middle wearing the blue sweater.


First stop for Kenedys group was snack. They got a bag with popcorn, a cookie, licorice and cup of lemonade.

Next they got to pan for gold.


Once they found their gold speck they took it to the girls helping and put it on a piece of black paper with tape holding it on. I didn't see the gold but the helpers swore it was on the paper. OK if you say so..wink wink.

Next was the trading post. The kids had to earn trapper dollars by working hard throughout the year and having good behavior. The max they could earn was $40. Also each school was in charge of making a project to sell at the trading post. Their were some pretty fun items there. The kids stood in line and when it was their turn had to choose one item and then get back in line and wait some more to find another item.


Kenedy had a hard time choosing what item she wanted to buy.


But she finally ended up with a rendezvous magnet and a talking stick. Their class made "Gods eyes" for the sale. It was four sticks tied into a square with yarn wrapped around it. I don't know.

It was at this point my Mom and I headed out. I would have liked to have stayed longer but I needed to get home to Kefford and it was so cold! Seriously freezing cold..brrr.
Kenedy had a really good time and enjoyed all there was to see and do at Rendezvous.