Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kenedy learns to sew!

Kenedy has been expressing an interest in learning how to sew and so when I got the Jo-Ann's flyer for kids camp classes I knew we needed to sign her up for a couple. The first sewing class she took was a basic beginners learn how to sew a pillowcase. I took Kenedy to pick out some material which she picked out the cutest fabric and then sent her off to the class with material and sewing machine in hand!

How cute is she beginning to prep for her class!? This class was a one day two hour class.

I came back right before it was over and found the busy bee sewing away.

The finished product! She did so good and was so excited to show off her first ever sewing project! I love it!


The other sewing class she took was a two hour two day class. She picked out these materials and then got to work in class.


The finished product! A super cute, super fun skirt! She didn't quite get it all finished in the class so she had to go to another one and when she came out of that one still not completed I set her up at home to finish it and finish it she did.

She was so excited to wear it to church for the first time. I made the little flower for her shirt out of her leftover ribbon. She really did a great job on this skirt and I am so proud of her!