Thursday, August 26, 2010

Eagle Island State Park

One hard thing about living in Idaho is the lack of California beaches..well the lack of any beach for that matter. So when my friend Deena told me about Eagle Island State Park I was quite excited. It is part of the Snake River and they rope off a bit of it to make a fun swimming area. I could not believe I did not know about this sooner and it is only a couple of miles down the road from us. You can bet that as soon as we hit hot weather I packed up the kids and hit the beach! We had such a fun tie sitting out in the sun, digging our toes in the sand and splashing in the water. One great thing was how shallow and calm the water was. Rylee even ventured out up to her waist and loved it.



We met our friends the Warners there and they brought an inflatable boat that all the kids loved. My kiddos did not want to get out of it they thought it was so cool.




Rylee had so much fun playing by herself in this little "Wading Pool". This little one is very content to play by herself.
We had so much fun that we decided we had to go back and soon so we invited Mikell and her baby Brooke along with Brit and her kiddos Brielle, Qiana and Asher to come and have some fun!

I could not believe how much the two babies loved splashing in the water and crawling around in the sand. There was absolutely no fear in either of them. Check out Brooke's cute little fat rolls!

Asher loved fisting the sand and of course eating some of it. :0)

These two babies were so cute and fun to watch!

This picture makes Avynlea look a little double jointed!
This State Park is so fun and we will definitely utilize it in the summers to come. If I can't have my California beaches then this is good enough! :0)