Saturday, August 21, 2010

Dairy days Parade!

Closer to the beginning of summer we packed up some food and headed over to main street for the annual Dairy Days parade. Dairy Days is put on by the Dairyman of Idaho and the kids were so excited to go to the parade. They kept asking me all day long when it was time and finally the time came to pack up and ship out...the door. :0)

We got there pretty early to guarantee ourselves some seats and we were able to sit by some family friends the Giauque's and the Woodward's. Here the kids are anxiously waiting for the parade to start. I think we got there about an hour before the start time and we were closer to the end of the route so we had quite the wait. Luckily by this time the street had been blocked off so the kids could wander around without me worrying too much.

Avynlea is such a little camera ham. Actually I think we have learned by now that all my kids take after their Mom and love the camera! It's definitely in their genes!

Kefford is here talking with his friend Justin. He was still on crutches at this time and did not enjoy the wait for the parade but he was a good Dad and was patient for the kids.



It can't be a Dairy Days parade without the free chocolate milk. We also got string cheese. :0)

So here is a funny story. Both Camille and Brooke had babies that they were holding and at one point some people came by giving away free t-shirts. We were all screaming and yelling trying to get the t-shirts but the girl honed in on the two with the babies and gave them the free shirts. Oh the injustice of it all. :0) A little while later I took Camille's baby to hold for a while and I was sitting in the chair when the free ice-cream came around. Everyone was screaming and yelling for the free ice-cream but when the girl handing out the treat saw me with the baby she gave the ice-cream to ME!!! Yes that was the best ever! I knew holding that baby would get me something. :0) So I ate some of the ice-cream and then gave the rest to Rylee!

We only brought a blanket for our kids to sit on and they were kind of jealous of the chairs their friends brought. So my kids were quick to sit in any vacant seat they could find...limited to it being owned by someone we know! :0)

I think in this picture Ryker is enjoying some of the candy he had thrown at him. It was a fun parade and we will definitely keep on the tradition. We went last year but it started raining and we were not up to sitting around in the rain waiting for the parade to start. We were very glad to have nice sunny skies this year!