Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My little cleaning helpers!

I woke up this morning with the need to cross cleaning the bathrooms off of my list of things to do. I had so many errands I had to run that morning that i could not get to it until after lunch. But wouldn't you know that after lunch came around and I was so tired I sat on the couch for an hour watching "Halloweentown High". I had woken up this morning right around 6:30 and could not get back to sleep so I came downstairs and started editing and commenting on the first chapter of a book that my brother-in-law is writing. Now that was a lot of fun. Too often I get frustrated in reading some books because I think "this really would not happen in real life" or "why would they say it like that? It sounds so dumb". So I got to really rip into his book, and let me tell you, I tore that thing apart. I felt a little bad after I sent it back to him but he commented on how grateful he was and that it is helping him a lot. He then sent me chapter 2 which I need to find time to look at.
So there I was sitting on the couch exhausted but knowing I needed to get up when I finally did. I went upstairs and started in my bathroom. Avynlea quickly followed me up and I put her to work helping me clean the sink and then the toilet. As I was cleaning the tub I sent her into her bathroom to start cleaning that toilet. Which she did, and she liked it!
Ryker soon found us and wanted to get in on the fun and so he started cleaning their bathroom sink with strict instructions for me to stay out because it was a surprise. So I did and just finished cleaning my bathroom. Soon he came out and told me his surprise was ready and I went in and started gushing on how nice the sink looked. He was so proud of himself and kept telling me to look at how shiny it is and that it looks brand new. I smiled and tried to ignore the big blob of toothpaste that was smeared on the corner as I told him he did a fantastic job.
How cute is that seeing his little crutches propped up against the sink as he cleans it?!
While we were out driving in the car Ryker was "talking" to his friend Abby on the little toy cell phone. Avynlea kept trying to get him to call Santa Claus, and this was the conversation that followed...
Avynlea: Ryker call Santa Claus.
Me: So Avynlea you know the number to reach Santa Claus?
Avynlea: Yes.
Me: Oh well what is it?
Avynlea:It is 888-222 (long pause) and a 333 (even longer pause) and also 888.
Me:(giggling inside) really? that number will get me Santa on the phone.
Avynlea:(with all the confidence in the world) Yup!
What a funny little nut!
Later that night I went out to dinner with my Aunt Jennifer. We had fun talking about her new boyfriend and she told me more about her recent trip to California. We went to WhiteWater Pizza and Pasta and I had a most yummy sandwich, I think it was the willow creek. We had them sit us next to the fireplace and we pulled our chairs closer to it and rested our feet on the brick. It was so warm and cozy! About halfway through our meal we heard a crash and then I felt something spray onto my face. The waitress had dropped the pitcher of Blue Cheese Salad Dressing she was carrying and it sprayed halfway across the room hitting me in the face in the process. I really should have tried to get a free meal out of it but no harm was done. It does give me a good story to tell! After we stopped at Cold Stone I came home and fell into bed I was so tired!
I am now one day closer to my trip of a lifetime!