Saturday, May 21, 2022

EDP Dance Recital

Saturday May 21 was our EDP spring dance recital and I was ready for it so we could end the year. I have loved the girls so much but teaching two classes on Thursday and two classes on Mondays were a lot for me. For a long time I decided that I was going to be done teaching and that this was my last year. After thinking about it for a long time I decided that I was going to drop my Thursday classes and just teach two classes on Mondays. I felt good about that decision and was really excited going into recital because Recital is always fun. 
All of my classes did great and did so good on stage. I was pretty proud of them all.
Rowan, Farrah, Madilyn, Opal, Everly and Violet 
Kinderstars
Jazz: Gitchee, Gitchee Goo
Ballet: Donkey Kong
Annaleigh, Poppy, London, Ashley, Scarlett, Presly and Madeline
Tiny Tots
Jazz: A Hug From My Mama
Emily, Bethany, Molly, Raegan, Belen and Rowan 
Kinderstars
Jazz: Gitchee Gitchee Goo
Ballet: Duck Hunt
These girls mamas sent me the pictures they took of me with their daughters and I love them. I have known Molly(left picture) since we moved into our new house, her Mom Kirsten was super welcoming and to me and really helped me to feel like I had a friend in the ward. She signed Molly up for class in the middle of the year but I didn't know she did until I saw them at the studio. I was so excited and have loved getting to know a different side of Molly. She has always been a pretty grumpy girl at church and it was fun to see a smiling Molly at dance. (upper right) This is my last year with Raegan and I am sad about that. I have had her in dance class since she was 3 and it has been fun watching her grow and progress as a dancer. It is the end of an era with this one and I am sad to not have her in class anymore. I hope to see her little sister in class sometime in the next couple of years. Bethany (lower right) started in my tiny tots and was pretty advanced for that class so we moved her to our Kinderstars class. She is the sweetest little thing with the face of an angel and I have loved having her in class. Her Mom was a little hard to deal with at times but she has loved my teaching and has said she will have Bethany again in my class next year. I love when parents want to keep their kids with me, it is good validation for how I am doing as a teacher.


Emily, Coleen, Berkely, Rylan, Kate and Mae
Kinderstars
Tap: Under The Sea
Ballet: Donkey Kong

I was definitely spoiled this year in regards to teachers gifts. I have never received so many gifts before and it was so fun and I felt so special. A great high to end on!
I gifted all of my dancers this year cute summer themed sunglasses along with some candy and Bethany's Mom sent me a picture of her wearing them. I love it!