Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Mexico Day 2

On Day two Rylee sent e a picture of her "Dress Like a Tourist" outfit for school, they had school dresses week the week of Prom. I don't know why they felt a need to do dress up days but Rylee nailed the tourist look.
Our first morning in Mexico was pretty awesome. We were able to sleep in and when we woke up and got ready we went to get Breakfast and it was delicious, the best part is not having to make it myself, I love that!

\
After we ate I asked Kefford if he would talk my picture in front of the resort sign. We were staying at The Occidental and the Riviera Nayarit was the part of town the resort was in, I think.

We took a morning stroll along the ocean enjoying the weather and the beautiful scenery. I love the beach and was definitely in my element.
We booked a zip-line tour for that day and I was so excited, I have been wanting to go zip-lining for a very long time and I was super happy that I was finally getting the opportunity! We were told to wear swimming suits under our clothes because we would have an opportunity to go swimming and so I did. We were taking a boat to get to our destination and we got to the meeting point a little early so we spent the time being forced into conversations with some of the other people who booked the same tour. Haha, it was fine talking with the other people, we met couples from Chicago, London and Seattle and they all seemed pretty nice.
We stopped off at the dock in town to pick up more passengers and Kefford had me take a picture of the art sculpture that was on the dock. He said that when he was looking at pictures of Puerto Vallarta that this was featured in a lot of them.
We rode past lots of different resorts and destinations and it was cool to see some more of Mexico.
Our boat tour guide took us by some big rock islands and gave us some history on them. He said they were over 80 species of birds that reside on these rocks and that the blue footed booby was a bird that resided there and it was one of a few places you can find them. We looked and looked but didn't spot one of them. There were a lot of birds and a lot of bird poop :)


Once we got to our dock we unloaded from the boat and then we had to take a jeep to the zip-lines. I couldn't get a seat next to Kefford but I got a picture of the two of us and he managed to sneak a picture of me. While on this ride we were able to see a lot of residential places and scenery. I was not too shocked by the homes I saw but it is pretty humbling to see how people live in some areas of the world.

Once we got to the actual zip-lining spot we were geared up and then we had to wait while everyone got their gear on. Then we were introduced to the guys who would be taking us on our tour and then they went over all of the safety and zip lining rules. 
Kefford and I were in the front of the pack for the entire zip lining tour and I thought it would be a constant ride with us going on the next one as we got off the previous line. It was not like that, in fact we had a lot of waiting as others were helped along their ziplining rides. I think we had 15 zippiness to go down and after the first couple I was asked if I wanted to go upside down. I said I didn't think I was ready for that yet and that Kefford would but Kefford said no he wanted to go upside down by himself and they were sending someone with us to go upside down. They said that he could not do it by himself he had to have someone with him but by that time I said I would do it and I did. It was a lot of fun but it made me a little dizzy and nauseous so I only did it the one time. I am proud of myself for doing it and I really enjoyed the entire experience. 

After the zip lining we were let off at their restaurant area where they tried to sell us pictures and videos of our experience. I would have liked some of the pictures they took but it wasn't worth it too much for me when I found out it cost about $50. Kefford and were a bit hungry so we got a quesadilla to share and it came with the yummiest rice and beans and guacamole, it was so tasty!
I thought these signs int he bathroom were pretty funny. Surprisingly the bathrooms did not stink like you think they would with all of the used TP going in the garbage.
After we ate we walked around the little area and walked across a cute bridge where we took some pictures. 



After exploring the bridge area we went over to where a Lady had her toucan and monkeys that we could interact with. The Toucan immediately bit my finger and Kefford's arm when it was first put on us, it didn't hurt just surprised me.




After we had our turn with the Toucan she gave us each a small bowl of mango juice and let us into the monkey enclosure. I was not prepared for the monkeys immediately jumping on us and going for the mango juice. It was hard for me to feel comfortable because they were all over the place and I was not liking them getting close to my face. My favorite part was when the monkey was on my arm and reached out his tiny little hand to pull my hand closer to his face so he could get at the bowl, that was super cute.




After what felt like an eternity we were loaded back onto the trucks and we headed back down to the dock so we could board our boat. The entire time we were on the trucks I kept thinking about the scene in the second Twilight book where Bella goes to meet the leaders of the vampires and she sees a group of tourists being ushered into a large room and being locked in where upon they were used as food for the vampires. Obviously that wasn't the case here but it made me feel a little funny being in those trucks and really having no idea where we were headed and not being able to speak the language.
When we got back I changed and then Kefford and I went to our dinner reservations at the Mexican restaurant in our resort. The food was really good and the salsa we got was amazing, it tasted so good!