Thursday, May 5, 2022

Mexico Day 4; Cinco de Mayo

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Kefford and I started the day with a little breakfast and then we went and got tennis rackets and I attempted to play tennis with Kefford. He went easy on me and we actually had a lot of fun. It was good exercise and fun to play around hitting the tennis balls and pretending like I knew what I was doing.


After playing tennis Kefford wanted to venture off resort and go into town. We changed and found a cab and then we told him we wanted to go into Puerto Vallarta, he did not speak English and we did not speak Spanish so he used his google translate on his phone to communicate. He told us he would rather take us to a different area called Bucerias I think, he said it was prettier and had better shops. It was hard to communicate only with google translate and even though Keffore wanted to go to Puerto Vallarta we agreed uncertainly. He dropped us off in what looked like a pretty ghetto place and I let Kefford deal with paying him. he asked us for $20 plus a tip saying he was new and wasn't sure what to charge. Kefford felt that was pretty expensive but couldn't really argue him so he told him he would pay the $20 but that included the tip. Kefford still felt he got ripped off. We walked around the area and I felt a little uncomfortable, I didn't see any other English speakers and the shops had more people trying to pressure us into buying their wares. It seriously gave m PTSD from the day before, I do not like the shopping and trying to haggle over prices, not my thing. I ended up getting a blanket and a. sugar skull that I liked a lot and let Kefford haggle the prices for me. We took some pictures around the area and then got a taxi back to our resort, it was not the funnest of adventures and made me really nervous being outside the resort like that.



When we got back we went to lunch and because it was Cinco de Mayo I had tacos for lunch and they were delicious!


Some interesting creatures we saw around the resort, a woman with a hawk and a Komodo dragon.
After lunch we went in the pool and it was the perfect temperature. While we were swimming around the resort activities peeps set up a water volleyball game and Kefford played little bit with them. One of the nice guys we played beach volleyball with was playing and that was fun to see a friendly face. I didn't want to play because ei knew I would be terrible and I opted to sit in a lounge chair reading a book and drinking a strawberry smoothie, it was delicious and I loved sitting by the pool having drinks served to me!


After Kefford had enough pool time we went back to our room to change and rest for a little bit of time and then we headed to La Olive restaurant for our dinner reservations. Kefford got an alcohol free Pina colada and I had my lemonade that I had for every meal with our meal.The lemonade in Mexico had some sparkling soda added to it and it was pretty good. I don't normally like to drink a lot of soda but this drink brought back memories of the lemonade I drank when I was in Mexico as a foreign exchange student when I was 14, it made me happy.

I bought these cool bracelets for our girls as souvenirs, I asked them their favorite colors and had the guy make me bracelets with their names on them. In hind site I should have gotten all of them the multi color one because I liked all of the colors but at the time it was all I could do to put in an order because of how stressed it made me to even talk to the shop people.
The sunset that night was beautiful and I liked seeing the resort all lit up at night.