Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Mexico Day 3

Wednesday morning Kefford and I got up, ate breakfast and then hung out at the beach. I loved being able to relax on the long chairs they have set up on the sand under the palm trees. It was blissful heaven until the peddlers started coming around. There was a cluster of venders on the beach to the side of our resort and they would periodically gather up their stuff and come around to people on the beach to try to sell their stuff. Kefford and I were relaxing on our chairs when a man came by to try to sell some shirts and beach covers. I wasn't interested and Kefford wasn't really either but as we soon learned if you give an ounce of interest like even just look at what they have they will have you in their hooks. Kefford gave that ounce of interest and the next thing I knew the man was having Kefford trying on one of the shirts. We told him we didn't have any cash with us down there on the beach but the didn't deter him he just said no worries you pay me later. I knew Kefford would never wear the shirt ever again once we got home from Mexico but was feeling pressured into getting it so I suggested me getting a beach cover up instead of him getting the shirt because I knew I would wear it again. The next thing we knew we had both the shirt and the cover up in a bag in our hands with the guy walking away telling us to pay him later. It was crazy how fast it happened and how good these people are at not taking no for an answer. Kefford and I took that bag to our room and discussed how we really didn't want the items and decided to take it back to the guy the next day. By this time I was getting a little bit of anxiety from what happened and was pretty stressed out, I did not like the pressure.
Later that morning the resort activities people got a beach volleyball game going and I wanted to play but only if Kefford played with me. He did and we spent an hour or so playing beach volleyball, I was terrible but Kefford was pretty good so I guess it evened out. The people we were playing with were super nice and we had a lot of fun. After we felt we were sunburned enough and getting hungry Kefford and I left the game changed our clothes, got some lunch and then headed to to our next adventure. We were going to travel by boat to a dinner and a show that has been described as a lot like cirque de sole. I have never been to one of the cirque shows but I have heard a lot about them so I was pretty excited to go to this one. We had two times to pick from, a 6:00 time were we would eat dinner first, watch the show and then head back or a 7:00 time where we would watch the show, eat dinner and then head back. The later time did not appeal to either of us but the 6:00 time was all booked unless we bought the VIP package. It was more expensive but it gave us first seats on the boat, dinner on the beach, and front row seats for the show. I did not want to be eating dinner at 10:00 and getting back to our room past midnight so we got the VIP tickets for the earlier start time. 

Kefford and I stopped in a grocery store just to check it out and I saw a ton of different flavors of these fruit sectors. My girls love these and have me buy them some whenever I go to WinCo. It was crazy to see how many more flavors there are that we don't have at our store.

Kefford and I walked to the meeting place for our boat ride to the dinner and show. While we were waiting Kefford found that we could go up and see the dolphins they had in some pools. I was able to "feed" the dolphins some water but when I asked if I could pet them I was told no. It was fun to see them, they were so cute, someday I think it would be fun to go swimming with dolphins.

The boat ride took about an hour and we got some seats that were in the middle of the boat. I am glad we didn't sit out in the front along the side where a lot of people sat because once we got really moving waves would crash up and those people in the front were getting hit with the water and getting soaked, it was pretty funny to watch it all happen and see them all retreat back to the no wet zone. 
Once we arrived we were greeted by people dressed up in animal costumes. I thought they were going to be a part of the show but they were not. I think they were set up around the area as we came in for ambiance and to see a mythical mood.


Because of our VIP status Kefford and I got a table for two right on the beach, seriously dream come true. It was awesome to eat our food and watch the ocean and have our feet in the sand, it was pretty great.




There were a lot of crabs scurrying around on the rocks next to us, big ones and baby ones. It was pretty cute watching them crab walking around.
I had to go to the bathroom and I followed the path to a really beautiful private bathroom. I didn't take my phone the first time I went to use it so I made sure to go again later and take my phone so I could snap some pictures. 


After we were done eating Kefford and I walked around the area and saw some pretty cool things. It looked like it was an area used for more then just the dinner and show and when we asked about it we were told that they have day trips there for people to relax and explore, maybe like a company retreat type of thing or a day camp for kids?



Trying my best at being America's Next Top Model but I had to style myself, do my own hair and makeup and I was only allowed a handful of frames, my creative director was a bit over my picture taking


Then it was time for the show and we were right near the front. It was a good show, not what I was expecting but pretty entertaining, I did enjoy it although I was feeling pretty tired towards the end of it.










The boat ride home was long but the boat staff kept us entertained with a fun show they put on. I had a really great time but was ready to get home and be in bed. One of the couples we met on the boat was staying at the same place we were so we shared a cab back to the resort. It cost $5 if I remember it right and the guy we were sharing the cab with paid the fare before we could, he was in the front seat and had quicker access, it was nice of him to pay. We walked to the boat place which was great earlier when we had energy but there was no way I was going to walk back to the resort that late at night and feeling so tired.