Sunday, May 29, 2022

Isabelle's Graduation

Isabelle's graduation was Wednesday May 25th. My girls were in school still with finals so I didn't think they should miss school and so they stayed home. I thought it would be fun to have someone to drive with so I asked Stephane if she wanted to go to Utah. Her family is in Utah and she has been going frequently because her dad has been sick. She was willing to go and it worked out that she was able to get a ride back home with her daughter who was on her way home at the end of the week for her sisters graduation. Traveling with Stephanie was as much fun as I thought it would be. We talked the entire way and the drive went super fast. 
I wanted to surprise Emily and get their earlier then she was expecting so I didn't tell her when I was leaving. When I was about 10 minutes away gassing up I got a text from her asking when I was going to get their. I sent a text back saying just gassing up, hitting the rode right after. Which technically was not a lie :)
I knew she would still be at the school teaching so we were driving to her school where Stephanies sister would meet us to pick her up. AS we were tuning into the school I saw a bunch of kids crossing the street heading away form the school and I saw Emily in that group. I started honking and she looked over but didn't see me and kind of waved and kept walking. So I drove right up to her, rolled the window down and yelled Its Me!! She was so surprised and it was such a fun way to surprise her. Her class was going to the mini golf that was right by their school so I parked there and then was able to join Emily and her class the last hour of school.
The morning of Isabelle's graduation I asked Stephanie if I could do her hair. She is a wash and go type of person and I have been wanting to flatiron her hair for a long time. She let me and then I put a cute braid in it and it looked really cute. I was super happy with it and love how it looks flatironed. 
I also did Isabelle's hair and I put a bubble braid in that would look really cute with and without the graduation cap on her head.
Her graduation was at one of the buildings at BYU and as we were waking in to get seats I saw her signed up outside so I took some pictures,
Heather, Andrew, Stephanie and I sat in the back with Mom because she had to sit in one of the handicap chairs. She was not able to walk up and down all the stairs. Graduations are pretty boring and the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard trial was going on during it so Heather read I shared her air buds and watched the trial. We turned it off and paid attention when it was Isabelles turn to graduate. It was just during all the speeches and when the 100's of kids we didn't know were graduating that we were watching the trial.
It was fun to meet up with the graduate afterwards, she found us pretty quick and I was able to help Heather but the Lei's on her that Ashleigh made and sent up.
That evening was her party and Kenedy showed up at the door and surprised us all with her arrival. It was fun for her to come and a funny moment was when Kenedy went outside and Emily said to Fredrick, "Look Fred Kenedy is here" and Fred said "Hi Poopidy", hahaha, that kid loves to talk about poop
The next couple of days were spent going to the park with Joshuas kids, eating out and getting yummy ice cream, having Mom help me get all of the dog hair off my bum and being with family. It was a good trip and I had a lot of fun