Sunday, September 19, 2021

Avynlea Cheer Captain and Homecoming Invite

September 16: This week Friday Nights game was on Thursday. Meridian was playing Capital at Capital and I don't know if Capital doesn't have a field but the game was at Dona Larson park in downtown Boise. It was a good game with Meridian stomping Capital, final score: 35-0

I was able to get a picture of Avynlea with Hailey and Dreya and that's about it. It was a crazy night and there wasn't an opportunity for me to get much more then that.

Avynlea came home from the game Thursday night and found an invite to Homecoming for her on our doorstep. Kyle asked her to Homecoming. Avynlea was set up on a date with him by her seminary teacher, Kyle Lyons and it must have gone really well for him since he wanted to ask her to Homecoming. Avynlea's friend Colton was planning on asking Avynlea but Kyle swooped in and asked her first. Avynlea  felt really bad for Colton but he can find another time to ask her out.

September 17: Kyle likes beans and Avynlea took that and the theme of his invite and came up with the idea for the response. 

Friday night Avynlea got the message that she was chosen to be Captain of her cheer squad, this is a pretty big deal and I am excited for Avynlea and know she will be such a great leader for her teammates.

September 18: I went to Target on Saturday to find Avynlea a white shirt for her team pictures. I saw this dress and thought it looked pretty cute on the hanger but when I tried it on I instantly felt like a pioneer and couldn't take it off fast enough. But not before taking a picture and sending it to my sisters, is this really what fashion is right now?

Cristal and I signed up to work the BSU game to earn money for Avynlea's cheer account. It was super awesome of Cristal to work it with me since she was not getting anything out of it. We worked security at the Garth Brooks concert a couple years ago and did not want to do it again and were hoping they would put us somewhere easier but we were put at security again. Basically we had to check people's purses and make sure they weren't bringing in stuff they ween't allowed to. It wasn't as bad but it was cold and windy and I was exhausted and just wanted to go home. We worked from 4-8:30 pm and then stopped at McDOnalds on the way home to get a bite to eat, my treat since she was so gracious to help me out.
September 19: I wanted to celebrate Avynlea being made Captain so for Sunday dinner I made Chicken and rice casserole which is her favorite, she didn't have to help with any of the kitchen cleanup or dinner prep, she ate off the special plate and I bought her favorite frozen treat mini Drumsticks for dessert. Rylee and I also made a poster and hung it up for her to see. I wrote out the letters and  Rylee drew the cheerleader, it turned out super cute. While we were on video chat with my Mom she let me know that I put "Caption" instead of "Captain" on the poster, lol, dumb mistake. I fixed it by taping card stock over the I and O and added A and I. It still looks pretty cute and we got the message across that we are proud of Avynlea.