Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Goodbye Elder Peterson

I wanted to do something as a family the night before Ryker left for the Provo MTC and I decided eating out would be fun and let's make it even more fun and go to Texas Roadhouse, we needed to give Ryker a taste of all the good food he hopefully gets to eat on his Mission!
We got in pretty quick and had a good meal and enjoyed being with each other. The kids took a selfie so I had Kefford and I take a selfie as well so as not to be left out ;)
After our yummy dinner we took a family selfie outside in front of the Texas Roadhouse sign. Our last family picture for at least two years :(
When we got home Avynlea changed clothes so that she could twin with her Dad, I am sure you can tell how he felt about that and for the picture Avy had to twin his expression as well.
The next morning we all got up and left for the airport at about 5:50, Ryker's flight was due to leave for Salt Lake City at 7:20
It wasn't as emotional as I thought it would be saying goodbye to Ryker. Kefford dropped Ryker and I off so he could check in and get his luggage checked while Kefford and the girls parked the car. Checking in took little time and Ryker and I stood around and waiting for the rest of our family to find us. There were a small handful of missionaries that I saw also scheduled for his flight. I saw 5 including Ryker but am sure that there were more that had already passed through security and we didn't see them, it was fun to see the ones that we did and to know that Ryker had lots of companions on the plane with him.
Once Kefford and the girls caught up with us we hugged Ryker goodbye and watched him go through security. I got a little emotional hugging Ryker goodbye but was able to keep it in pretty good. The girls were joking around and keeping things light and I am sure that helped. 
Dustin picked Ryker up from the airport and delivered him to the MTC. I am happy that Dustin was willing and wanting to pick him up and take him, it gave them a small amount of time to be together and I am glad for that since we don't see Dustin very often.
Nikki Lyons has an Aunt and Uncle who work at the MTC and they took a picture of Ryker and sent it to Kyle who then sent it on to us. We were super confused as to how Kyle had a picture of Ryker from he MTC and he at first told us he worked at the MTC on Wednesdays which did not make any sense. After a little bit more questioning he finally came out with the truth, hahaha funny guy. Regardless of how he got it I am glad he did and that he sent it to us!