Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Hiking Table Rock

September 14:  I decided last night that today I was going to go to the Temple in the morning, I had an appointment, and then after I was done I planned on going on a walk, I had a need to get outside and sweat a little. I went to the Temple at 8:00 after I dropped Rylee off at school and did Inititories, on my way home I decided to go hike Table Rock. It has been a couple of years and I wanted some good heart pounding exercise so I went home and changed and then headed to Boise. I asked my friend Abby if she wanted to come but she wasn't available and I was just fine going on my own.

I accidentally took the harder trail and it was really rough, I struggled a lot and wanted to turn back so many times but I knew if I didn't get to the top that I would not be happy with myself and I didn't want to disappoint myself so I kept trekking on. About halfway up my hip flexor started hurting in my left hip and it was painful hiking up like that. After a little bit of that I remembered that I didn't open and close the gates, an exercise I learned from Andrew Brown that helps warm up the hip flexors, so I stopped right where I was and opened and closed my gates a couple times and that took the pain away and I was able to continue up.

I made it to the top and I was pretty proud of myself, I can do hard things and one thing that I like about myself is I am not a quitter and once I make my mind up to do something I follow through and accomplish whatever it is. I am also a people pleaser and sometimes the person I have to please is myself and that's great. It was a beautiful view and it was nice to sit and rest for a little bit.

After I took a picture of myself smiling and then one of how I really felt I started to head down. Before I even got off the top I saw a couple of cute little bunnies hopping around and eating some snacks they found. They were so small and so cute and I had to take a couple of pictures of them.