Friday, September 3, 2021

First and Second Friday Night Lights of the Season

August 26: After practice Avynlea took the new cheer water bottles to the JV team who were cheering for the first time at the JV football game. After delivering the water bottles she decided to stay and watch the game. After the game she got a picture with her Cheer little sister Sydney and her friend Ryan who is on the JV football team.
August 27: I don't get into the hairdresser very often and it has been over half a year since I have seen her this time and my bangs had gotten so long. I was wanting a trim but just didn't have time between my schedule and her schedule so they just kept getting longer and longer. I have been thinking for a while that I should just buy my own scissors and learn how to cut my own bangs and finally this week I did it. I bought a pair of hair cutting scissors off of amazon and they came on Friday. I immediately opened the package and after watching a bangs cutting tutorial on youtube I went for it. I love them! They turned out exactly how I wanted and it wasn't too hard. The only tricky part is cutting the right side because I have to use my left hand and that is hard. I sent the picture of my freshly cut hair to my sisters and Ashleigh was actually at her hairdressers getting her hair done, she showed my picture to her hairdresser and she said I did a good job...yay!

I love when I see pictures of Avynlea cheering on her cheer instagram page, she is the best flyer!

I am so excited to be able to start going to football games again and I was extra excited that for this first game of the season I had Kenedy and Rylee come with me. The game was at Mountain View and when I got up to the front to pay I only had a card and it was cash only! I didn't have any cash and neither did Kenedy or Rylee, I couldn't believe that they weren't taking cards and got immediately frustrated and we left the line to go do I don't know what, find some cash somewhere. But there were two Mountain View fans behind us and the one pulled out a fistful of cash and paid our way in. I was embarrassed and felt super awkward but very grateful, I asked him if I could Venmo him some money and he said don't worry about it just enjoy the game. I was very glad they were Mountain View fans because I didn't have to awkwardly see them throughout the game. They went to their side and we went to our side and nothing was awkward once we left the guys.

The coaches have not picked Captains yet for this season, which is crazy and doesn't make any sense but whatever, so for this game they picked Captains for the week and Avynlea was one of them. She is such a good leader and knows how to be kind yet firm and super encouraging to her teammates. I loved watching her lead the cheers and I got a kick out of seeing her a halftime talking to her team, she is the best!



back at it again and all on the same team!
Paige, Natalie, Hailey, Avynlea and Dreya

Avynlea, Hailey and Dreya

Rylee saw her bestie from elementary school, Serena, at the game and it was fun for these two to reconnect and catch up.
During halftime we made Avynlea take pictures with us and she went along with it..kind of :)





It was a fun game and the bleachers were packed full which was a lot of fun. I loved seeing the student section back and to see all of the kids cheering on their team was so fun! Unfortunately we lost this game by a field goal which was such a bummer but to be back at Friday Night Lights is awesome!

September 3: 
I was going to Meridians game to watch Avynlea cheer and Rylee was headed out to the Owyhee football game but before we left for our seperate games I had Rylee take a picture with me, her in her Owyhee colors and me in Meridian colors.

One of my favorite parts of the game is the very beginning when they do the Warrior walk. The cheerleaders come in first foll
Avynlea at the top of the pyramid 
Avynlea is in the corner holding up the Rumble sign

This game was against Centennial and it was a Warrior victory with a final score of 41-0

meanwhile at Owyhee High School:
Rylee wanted to go to the Owyhee football game but her two friends she would have gone with were not available so she got a hold of Brynn Givens to see if she was going and was able to go with her and Saylor Shoemaker. We love Brynn and I am glad Rylee went with her, once they got to the game they met up with a bunch more friends from the ward and Rylee had a blast being in the student section of her High Schools football game. I am glad that she is going and having fun, one regret I have from High School is not going to the football games, I just wasn't into it and really don't think I ever thought twice about not going but I wish I did because I can see how they are so much fun. 
top row: Saylor, Rylee, Kinzey, Addie, Leah, Allie
bottom row: Tayci, Brynn and Taylee




Saylor, Brynn, Rylee, Taylee and Callie