Sunday, September 29, 2019

Ryker's Homecoming

Ryker went to Homecoming with his friend Amanda. I was doing Averie Gunter's hair when he popped in to tell me that he was leaving. I wanted to get a picture of him before he headed out but by the time I ran out to get one he had already driven off. He knew I wanted a picture and was being a big stinker. I knew that pictures were going to be taken that night and that I would get them but still, he should have let me take a picture.  This was my first time getting a corsage for one of these dances and I was shocked with how much the flowers were! I ordered it from Albertson's and it was beautiful but if I had known the price ahead of time I might have done more shopping around. I paid $3o for that stinking corsage and all I could think was she better appreciate it and keep it forever!
Ryker picked Amanda up from her house and her Mom took some pictures which Ryker made sure to have sent to me. 
She is a very pretty girl and they make a really cute couple.
Their group met at Scentsy Commons to take some group pictures. They ran into the same problems we did with the cold and wind. After their pictures they went to eat and then went to the dance.



I saw them a couple of times while wandering around doing my job as a chaperone and my observation was that Ryker needed to do more dancing. He told me later when I shared my observations that they did dance, he wasn't that big of a dud.
I am glad he had fun. After Ryker and Avynlea got home I had them pose for a couple more pictures for me. We took pictures talked about their night and then made it to bed at about 12:30am. I had fun visiting with my kids and talking about their fun night, I love that they didn't care about me being a chaperone at the dance and weren't embarrassed to see me or talk to me with their friends. It was a good yet exhausting night and I am so glad Homecoming is finally over.