Wednesday, September 18, 2019

New Cheer Uniforms

Rylee has to do an "All About Me" poster for school filled with information and pictures that she draws about her life so far. It made me so happy to see her pull out some of my blog books to help her fill in some of the gaps that she couldn't remember. Watching her do this made me feel that in the challenge that is Mother hood that I am doing at least one thing right!
In the picture on the right Rylee went with the other Young Women to the Goodwill to have a little fashion show of modest outfits. Rylee said she just grabbed items that looked modest and didn't really care what they looked like. I don't think this activity was her cup of tea but she was a trooper for going along with it.
Thursday night was Avynlea's second cheer game of her Freshman season. As we were driving to the school for the game it was raining pretty bad and we were wondering if the game was going to be cancelled or not. When we arrived all the cheerleaders went into the gym to wait out the rain and I went in with Avynlea to hang out until a decision was made. The football players can play in the rain but it was the lightening that was the concern. After waiting about an hour they decided the game could be played and we went to the field and the game started only half an hour late. Luckily the rain had pretty much stopped by then but it sure was cold. Alison came to watch Avynlea cheer and it was fun having her there with me the entire time.
One of my friends has a little girl that was born with a disease that caused them to have to amputate both her legs right below the knee. One of the cheerleaders on our team, Olivia, has an artificial leg and when I saw that I told Whitney she should bring Eleanor to one of the games to meet Olivia. She brought her this night and at halftime she was able to take her down to meet a cheerleader with a leg like hers. It was really cute to watch this meeting and I am sure it makes Whitney happy to have another inspiration for her daughter to look up to.
There was something about the sunset last night that was just beautiful, the sky looked like it was on fire. I tried to get some good pictures but the camera never does it justice.
Avynlea loved the look of the sunset as well and at halftime she had me take some pictures of it with her and her friends Hailey and Andreya.
This was also the first night of the girls wearing their new J/V team uniforms. I think they look cute but Avynlea says they are a little uncomfortable, I think her problem was because her uniform was just a bit too small. Hopefully as it gets worn it stretches out a little so that it is not so uncomfortable for her.