Sunday, September 29, 2019

Avynlea's Homecoming

Cheerleaders are in charge of planning, picking the theme, and decorating for Homecoming every year. Really the parents of the cheerleaders do most of the work but they help out as well. Because they are in charge each cheerleader gets in free and gets a free ticket to give. I told Avynlea she could go to the dance with her friends but I did not want to spend a lot of money on a dress. We looked on Amazon for options and found some ideas but the dress we ended up getting I found on NeeSee's on sale for $24 and the regular price was $60. Avynlea wasn't even home but I thought it was really pretty and the deal of a lifetime so I bought it first and then sent her  picture to make sure though I knew she would love it. When it came it was a little big and long so I fitted it to Avynlea and brought the sides in. I cut the lining and hemmed it just fine but when I went to cut the tulle I got over confident and like a dummy hacked at it and completely ruined it. It was a mess and I felt like an idiot and went into self-pity mode for the next couple of days. After a couple of options trying to figure out how to fix it I finally found the perfect matched tulle at JoAnn's after trying Hobby Lobby and Was-mart and took the dress apart to sew in new tulle. Thank heavens once it was done it looked great and no one could ever tell that I was a big dummy and almost ruined my big investment of $24 which adding in the new cost of the tulle went up a little. No worries it was still inexpensive and worth it.
The day of Homecoming I did Avynlea's hair in flat iron curls with a braid into a messy bun and she looked absolutely beautiful!
She was the prettiest one at the dance and I would know because I was a chaperone. She looked sweet and innocent and stunning. I could not believe how tight and short some of the dresses were, one girl bent down to pick something up and I saw her underwear her dress was so short. It was not cute. But Avynlea looked amazing and a lot of it was her beautiful soul shining through.
I also did her Besties Madison and Sadie's hair and once we were done I drove them to the Village for pictures with the rest of their group. It was frigid and windy and we took the pictures really quick so we could get out of the cold.
Hannah, Hope, Sadie, Avynlea, Madison and 
It's nice that there are little fire pits scattered around so the kids could warm up a little, of course Homecoming had to be the coldest day of the week.
The kids wanted to eat at Chick-fil-a and they decided it was close enough that they could walk over to it. I drove the car over because I am not crazy. It was a very frigid night.
Everyone got their food and I got a spicy chicken sandwich meal. This is the second time I have eaten at chick-fil-a and I have to say I am not impressed. It was over priced and did not taste very good, not a fan.
I had to get to the dance before it started because I volunteered to be a chaperone but it was too early for the kids to want to go in so they sat in my car until a more acceptable time for entry had come. Being a chaperone was actually quite boring, wandering around listening to loud music watching kids attempt to be cool is not my idea of a good time. Luckily I had some fellow cheer Moms to pass the time with and when we saw the photo spot not being used we quickly huddled together for a group selfie.
Elizabeth, Amy (Paige's Mom), (Natalie's Mom) and Carrie (Hailey's Mom)
Midway through the dance we went up to help in the shoe check and I could not believe the chaos that was the shoe check. Each pair of shoes had a ticket with a number on it and the numbers were not in any kind of order, it was a mess. Hunting for shoes was getting stressful and the only upside to this job was how good you felt when you finally found the pair of shoes you had spent 10 minutes hunting for. Those endorphins were much appreciated because as soon as you found one the hunt was on for the next pair. 
Avynlea and I got home around midnight and I was tired and achey all the next day. I am glad Avynlea had such a fun time with her friends and I am extra glad this weekend is finally over!