Sunday, July 7, 2019

Rexburg

All of Kenedy's roommates were going to be gone for the weekend and Kenedy was having a bit of a hard time because of boys and roommates and she asked if Alison would be able to bring Avy and Rylee up for a visit. Alison could visit Trista and Sara and Avy and Rylee could hang out with and keep Kenedy company. Alison couldn't do it that weekend and it wouldn't work for Kenedy the next weekend so I said I would take them. I had to teach Sunday School and initially didn't think I should go but Kefford said he would teach for me and that freed up my weekend. I didn't want to go and be the lone adult so I called Emily and asked if she wanted to meet us in Rexburg for the weekend. She was able to work it out and Friday morning we all left our homes and met up in Rexburg. It turned out that Kenedy had 2 roommates who didn't go anywhere but it was fun to be in Rexburg with my girls and Emily anyway.
When we got there we walked over to campus to walk around and browse in the University Store.
It was fun watching Kenedy, Avynlea and Rylee hanging out with each other and talking. I love watching my kids become more then siblings, it's fun to see them being friends and wanting to hang out with each other. 
Later that evening we went over to Alyssa's complex to use the Hot Tub and they also have an everlasting fire pit which we used for s'mores. 
The next day we all wanted to go to the Temple, Emily and I to do Initiatories and the girls to do Baptisms. Emily and I woke up before everyone else so we decided to go to the Temple while they were still sleeping to get our stuff done and then we could go with them while they did Baptisms. 
I couldn't believe how long the wait was to do Initiatories! Emily and I waited a little over an hour before we were able to get in, it was crazy! 
When we got back home the girls were awake and so we had them get ready and we took them to the Temple for Baptisms. Once we got there it was such a long wait that the Temple Worker suggested we make a reservation and come back so we don't have to wait as long. We said ok, made the appointment for 1:00 and left. Kenedy and Alyssa were going to a Bridal Shower for Anna and were not able to go back with us which was a bummer but the other three were excited to go.
It is always nice being in the Temple with my girls and I love that Emily and Isabelle were there with us.
After our long day of Temple outings we hung around the apartment for a while and then we went to the park and the girls rode the carousel which was fun for them. We went to the store and got buns, hotdogs, and watermelon and went back to the everlasting fire for a hot dog cookout and of course more s'mores.
On Sunday we went to church with Alyssa in her ward because it was the earliest time and we wanted to leave right after. It was a good meeting but I was pretty shocked with how small the ward was. There was not a lot of people there which was surprising.
After sacrament meeting we went back to Kenedy's so we could change and then we headed back to Meridian. It was a nice weekend in Rexburg visiting Kenedy and Alyssa and I am so glad that Emily and Isabelle were able to come up with us as well.