Sunday, February 24, 2019

Kenedy visits and a farewell

Kenedy came home for the weekend because her bestie Gabi Caroaca was having her mission farewell and Kenedy wanted to be here to listen and have one last goodbye with her friend. 
I wasn't sure if Kenedy was going to be able to come because it was snowing and we were not sure she would be able to get here. When I did not hear from her I assumed she was not coming and I called her after I got done with dance to see what she was up to. When she answered I asked her what she was dong and she said doing homework. I then asked her if she couldn't come because of the snow and she laughed and said she was sitting on our couch. I was so excited! I really didn't think she was coming so it was such a fun surprise and it was great to see her when I got home.
Ave and Ryker had plans that night so Rylee and Kenedy played some Mario Kart while I watched. It was cute watching them play together. Their relationship has improved and blossomed since Kenedy has gone to college. It has been really great watching them bond.
Saturday night Ave and Rylee were both busy so the four of us left at home went out to eat at Dickie's Barbecue. It was really good and the free soft serve was especially delicious.
The next day we went to the Linder Ward for church to listen to Gabi speak. She did such a great job and she is going to do so great on her mission to Italy. I am really excited for her. 
McKoy's family was there also to hear Gabi speak and Kenedy was really happy to see them. She has a close bond with them and it was nice for her to visit with them for a bit. McKoy's littlest sister was especially happy to see Kenedy and had a hard time leaving her side.
Ethan, Gabi and Kenedy