Saturday, February 17, 2018

A new driver

We finally got Ryker signed up for Driver's Ed so that he could start working on getting his license. I was trying to get him signed up through the school district because it is a bit cheaper then going through a private driving school but after applying twice and him not getting accepted I called it quits and signed him up wth Hatch's. The school district was hard to get into because they have limited spaces and a lot of kids trying to sign up through it, it was the cheapest after all. But I was happy with Hatch's, Ryker did all the bookwork online which was way nicer then having to drive him to a class every night and his driving he did in the morning before school. I took him to Hatch's and dropped him off at 6:00 am and then his instructor would drive with him for an hour and then drop him off at the high school at 7:00. It wasn't really that bad, I liked having it done with before school, after school can get too crazy for me. 
So Ryker passed his class and now has his Permit so he can drive with me whenever he is around and able. So far he is doing a good job at listening to my instructions and I don't find it scary at all having him be the driver. It will be nice to have another licensed driver in the family.
Avynlea just being silly because Ryker got his picture taken and so she wanted her picture taken.
Bishop Ricks came to Kenedy's Seminary class to be a guest lecturer and Kenedy was so happy to see him. She loves him a lot and they have a great friendship, he even pulled her up to the front of the class to talk about how great she is and he also mentioned how much he loves her Dad and in his order of people of importance, he said, it goes, his wife first then Kefford and then his kids. ha ha ha 

 Our new ward was having a minute to win it game night on a Friday night. I really do not like minute to win it games and did not plan on going but at the last minute we decided we better show up for at least a little bit. I was a pretty small crowd and we ended up sitting with most of the people we knew from our subdivision although I did talk to my new YW's advisor and got to know her a little bit better. They had us in teams according to where we were sitting and then had volunteers come up from each team to play whatever game they were doing. Kefford got roped into doing the cookie unicorn game and he had to stack cookies on his forehead and keep them there for a certain amount of time. He got it eventually but he did not come in first. 

 I volunteered to do the bubble game where I had to blow a bubble and then keep it in the air and get it across the room and through a hula hoop all with only my breath. Nobody took pictures of me doing this but I rocked it and got my bubble through the hoop first and in no time at all. 
Avynlea did the puzzle building game. They were each given a puzzle, with out the box so they didn't know what it was supposed to look like,  and the first one to build it won. Avy didn't come in first but she did a good job and stuck with it.
Kefford and I have been talking about getting some new couches for our downstairs living room and on Saturday we took Rylee with us, since she was the only one home, and went around looking at couches. Rylee was not thrilled with the idea of going but she brought a book and I think she enjoyed testing out the comfiness of all the couches.