Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Free Throws and The Retirement Center

Rylee has been loving Basketball this season and is always excited to go to practice and play in games. At this game she got her first basket which I was able to get video of and she was fouled while shooting her basket and also got to make a free throw. She missed the free throw but I was super proud of her for making the basket and for how hard she tries in the games. She has gotten really good at screening her opponents and did a really awesome one at a game her Grandma Alison got to go to and watch and because of Rylee's screen her teammate was able to make the basket. Rylee has gotten more aggressive and sure of herself and has improved so much since her first year playing.

On Sunday Kenedy and Avynlea were asked to go to the retirement center and do the music for their small sacrament meeting. Kenedy played the piano and Avynlea led and they both did a really great job. I snuck a picture because I wanted record of this day. It is really rewarding and exciting as a parent to watch them use their skills. I saw a friend (Janie Pope) there from our previous ward and I asked her what she was there for and she had a broken leg and needed to be in the home for a couple of weeks. Her husband was not able to take care of her at home by himself. After they were done with the sacrament meeting we helped the residents back to their rooms and then I took my girls to go find Janie in her room so that we could visit with her for a bit. It was a really nice day being at the Retirement center and I would love to go again with my girls.