Friday, February 9, 2018

Rylee goes to the Capital

Rylee got to go on a field trip to tour the Capital with her fifth grade class. She never asked me if I would go with her and I never made plans to. But that morning as I was dropping her off I felt bad that I went on this trip with all of my other kids and wasn't going to go with her. I had a Drs appointment in Boise that morning and so I decided that after my appointment I would head over to the Capital to meet up with Rylee and her class. I didn't tell her I was going to do this I wanted it to be a surprise. 
After I was done with the Drs I headed over to the Capital and found a parking spot where I could see when her bus arrived. After a bit of a wait I finally spotted her bus and I got out of my car and walked over to meet up with Rylee. She was pretty happy to see me when she got off the bus and she said she saw me walking down the street and that surprised her to see me. 
I went in with her and went on part of the tour before I had to leave but I made sure to get some pictures of my girl before I left. I am glad that I took the time to spend a little time on this tour with Rylee. It meant a lot to her and it meant a lot to me to be a part of this.

I went on the opposite side of where Rylee was so I could get a picture of her. She is a little hard to spot but if you can see her on the right then it should be easier to find her in the picture on the left.

Rylee and her Best Friend Serena
I like going to the Capital and seeing how our Government runs. At one point the tour guide told us that this Capital did not belong to the politicians that it belonged to us, the people of Idaho. Rylee and I thought that was funny and joked with each other about moving in and living in the Capital since we owned it. 

Later after school Rylee got Bonnie out if his cage so she could hold him and let him run around for a while. While she was holding him he managed to climb up and onto her back and I hurried to get a picture before Avynlea stepped in to help remove him.