Sunday, February 4, 2018

Avy is 13!

I asked Avynlea the day before if she wanted me to make pancakes for her birthday breakfast and she was agreeable to that. While I was at Wal-Mart later that day I saw some doughnuts and thought I should just get those for her birthday breakfast. Avynlea is always asking me to buy doughnuts when we are at the store together and I knew she would enjoy having those. Her birthday morning I put out the doughnut holes and I also made some scrambled eggs and chocolate milk to round out the meal. 
I had Avynlea pick out some new clothes from Old Navy and I asked her if she wanted the dress she picked out to wear that day for her birthday. She said yes and she looked so cute in her dress and converse. We were running a little behind but I made sure to have her sit for a few birthday pictures before she had to rush off to school.
Avynlea loves Panda Express and has been talking about me taking her to Panda for her birthday. I decided to just go pick up some lunch for her and I took it to her school with a birthday balloon right before lunch. Avynlea was called out of class and she came out to meet me in the front office. She was excited and happy to have Panda for lunch but she made me take the balloon back home with me.
I was playing around with some filters on instagram while I was waiting for kids to get home.
Right after school Avynlea was able to open her gift from her Grandma Bonnie, A card with lots of candy and 13 dollars. We had to stop the present opening then because no-one else was home and I had to leave to go teach dance.
After dance class I came home and changed and then headed out to go to the Verona Ward chili feed. After the dinner Ryker and Rylee got a ride home while Kefford, Avynlea and I went to the Stinky Sneaker Basketball game. February 2nd was a super busy day and it wasn't until about 9:40 that we were all home to watch Avynlea finish opening her presents. 
She got a Belle cup and onsesie, a hardback Book of Mormon with her name engraved on the front (the number one thing she wanted) and some Calico Critter sets
She also got a book, a wet brush and some athletic clothing . Not a bad haul.
I made her cupcakes and so we sang Happy Birthday and she blew out one candle on one cupcake.
After she had her treat she and Rylee dug into the Calico Critter sets to have some fun. She got a set of three animal babies, a 3 bed bunkbed and a baby pool set.
The next day I let Avynlea have some of her school friends over for a couple of hours and then at 7:00 Kefford and I dropped her off at Bridger Hamms house. Her good friends form the Verona Ward threw her a very small surprise birthday party. She was surprised and had so much fun with this group of friends. 
Tessa Trites, Anson Gilette, Katie Myers, Austin Mahan, Bridger Hamm, Avynlea, Ally Harris and Natalie Kashyap




Avynlea's Favorites:
  1. Food: Orange Chicken and Rice
  2. Dessert: Cheese Cake
  3. Candy: Snickers
  4. Color: Pink and Blue
  5. Book: Whatever after Series
  6. Movie: Moana
  7. TV Show: Fuller House
  8. Radio Song: Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur
  9. Church Song: Nearer My God to Thee
  10. Scripture Story: Abinadi and King Noah
  11. Friend: Sadie Niblitt
  12. Thing to do: Make Slime
  13. Place to be: California and Oregon at her grandparents houses 
  14. Toy: Kindle
  15. Princess: Belle

5 Reasons I Love Avynlea:
  1. Avynlea always tells me she loves me whenever she leaves the house or when I drop her off to go somewhere. She says it every time and it makes me really happy, she isn't embarrassed to tell me she loves me if other people are around and even says it at the end of all our phone conversations. 
  2. Avynlea is the only one of my kids to always do her chores to perfection. She is the best at cleaning and is always really helpful. Whenever I have something that needs to be done and Avynlea is the one to do it I know it will be done the way I like it to be. 
  3. Avynlea practices her piano like a rockstar and has improved so much. I love to hear her playing her music and am so proud that she is able to play the piano in Young Women's. 
  4. Avynlea is a faithful Daughter of God and loves to go do Baptisms at the Temple every week. She has a testimony of the Gospel and knows that he Heavenly Father loves her and she loves Him. She enjoys working on her Personal Progress and has been doing amazing at passing requirements off. 
  5. So far in her middle school career Avynlea has gotten straight A's on her report card. I love that she is a hard worker and wants to do her best in school. She loves her teachers and her friends and really enjoys being at school. I also love that she loves riding the bus and that she has turned her bus into the party bus making it a fun time for everyone.