Friday, February 9, 2018

Senior Night

I got an email about senior night and that we needed to have a board decorated with pictures of Kenedy to put on display about 5 days before it was going to happen. Kenedy came home from practice Monday night to tell me that she got kicked in the chin during a stunt practice and she split her chin open, bit through her tongue and sustained a concussion. Her chin was glued together and I am so glad we did not have to take her in for stitches but the concussion meant she had to sit out of practice and future games until she passed the impact test and was cleared from the concussion. She wasn't sure that she had a concussion but the next day at school she started showing symptoms, bad headaches and confusion, she said it took her ten minutes of staring at a math paper before she could remember what she was supposed to do. They would not let her take the impact test until she wasn't showing any symptoms so it was a long week for her. With all of this going on I didn't even think about the board I was supposed to be putting together until the morning of Senior Night. I quickly found some pictures I had and then sent them to War-Greens from my computer to be printed. Kenedy was not feeling good but I had her also get some pictures sent to be printed from her phone. 
I was going over to my friend Crystals to work on making cards for card club and brought along my board making supplies so she could help me be creative. It was the right choice since she had some awesome clipart of a cheerleader, pom poms, megaphones and a tag that read pep rally. We were able to get all the stuff I needed cut out and make some cards for card club! 
After I left her house I stopped off at the Dollar Store and Wal-Mart to find some more stuff for the board and then after dance I started putting it together. Ryker helped me glue the background on and then when Avynlea came home she helped me arrange the pictures and decorations and we taped them all on. I was pretty happy with how it turned out and was so glad to have had many helpers with this project.
Avynlea had Gymnastics that night and Rylee had Basketball practice but I asked both of them if it would be OK if they skipped practice for one night to go and support their sister. They were both fine with the arrangement and I know it meant a lot to Kenedy to have all of us with her on Senior Night. Because of her concussion she was not allowed to cheer at the game but she did have to wear her uniform and she stood up with her coaches to watch and support her fellow cheerleaders. 

During halftime they had all the Senior Cheerleaders and their families go out in the hall so they could line us up for the walk in. We were told when they announced her name that we were to go in and face the Visitor side and then turn and face the Home side. 
They announced Kenedy's name and that she was her parents and siblings, I can't remember if they announced out names or not, and we walked in and faced the Visitors side like we were told. It felt pretty awkward since we didn't know anyone on that side but then we saw our friends the Anderson's there and he was taking pictures of our family with with his phone so that gave us someone to smile at. We then turned to the Home side and waited while the rest of the Seniors were announced. All of the Seniors were given a little gift from the rest of the team and it was Hannah who gave Kenedy her gift of flowers and treats. Hannah was Kenedy's cheer little sister last year and they got really close, it was sweet to see her be the one to give Kenedy her gift.

After the game, which Meridian won!, we went out to look at all the boards and to take pictures. I really loved how Kenedy's turned out and she really liked it also and she made sure to thank me for doing it. 

Kefford and Kenedy
Elizabeth and Kenedy
Ryker and Kenedy
Avynlea and Kenedy
Rylee and Kenedy

We also had all of the Seniors pose for a picture together.
Audrey, Kenedy, Noel, Maddie, Autumn, Jaycee, Kaitlyn, Sarah and Tori
Dance team was also honoring their Seniors that night and Kenedy had me get a picture with her and Lauryn. These girls have been close friends since Kindergarten and we all really love Lauryn!