Tuesday, January 30, 2018

West Coast Best Coast

This past weekend Kenedy got to fly to California with her cheer team to compete in Nationals, hit the beach and explore Disneyland. They flew into LA on Friday and then Saturday morning was their Competition.
I was really bummed out on missing getting to watch her in this competition but some of my family were able to take the time to go and watch her and for most of them it was their first time seeing her compete. So although I wish I could have been there I am really glad that my family got to go and see her perform. 
Mom and Ashleigh took some pictures of her in the competition. When Mom sent the picture she took I commented on how lucky they were to get such good seats. She said that they reserved the first three rows for coaches and friends and family of the team performing. That sounds like a great idea and I wish more competitions would implement that rule. 

Grandma Bonnie, Heather, Kenedy, Ashleigh, Andrew Brown, Alec ad JayLynn

After the competition the team got to go to the beach for the rest of the afternoon.
A picture with all of the Seniors
Tori, Maddie, Jaycee, Sarah, Kenedy, Kaitlyn, Audrey and Noel

Team dinner
The next day on Sunday the team had plans to go to Disneyland. Since we believe in keeping the Sabbath day holy we approached Kenedy's coach to see if there was another option for Kenedy on that day rather then going to Disneyland. Kara was pretty understanding and let us make arrangements to have Heather pick her up from the Hotel that morning and take her to church with them, afterwards Kenedy got to spend the day at my Moms house hanging out with Alyssa, Alec, Jeremy and JayLynn plus she got to spend more time with her Grandma, Heather, Ashleigh and Andrew Brown. I know Kenedy was sad about missing the fun at Disneyland but it helped that she got to spend her time with her family. She was able to go to Disneyland with her team the next morning before they flew home later that night.