Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Meridian Temple Dedication

While we were at the YCC Kenedy was approached by our Stake Young Womens president to see if she would want to help put on booties for the 9:00am Temple Dedication. She was told that after they were done that she would be able to go inside the Temple and watch the dedication. I was a little bummed because I really wanted our entire family together to watch the dedication but Kenedy was so excited that I let go of my disappointment and was just excited for her. She had a really enjoyable time and the rest of us were able to watch it together at the church. Angela Kashyap had handkerchiefs made for all of the girls and leaders in our Young Womens with their names embroidered on them and the YW board all helped sew lace around the edges. I donated some extra handkerchiefs I had lying around and since they had an excess amount Angela gave me back some handkerchiefs for Rylee, Ryker and Kefford with their names/initials on them. It was really sweet of her to do them for the rest of our family so we all have a really cool momento. 
Tuesday morning our Meridian Temple was open for the first time. Kefford and I decided to take Kenedy, Ryker and Avynlea that morning to do baptisms. We got to the Temple at 4:40am and the line from the baptistry was up the stairs but not outside the Temple. A friend took her kids around 5ish and posted this picture online of kids waiting out the doors. It took our kids about 2 and a half hours to get done with their Baptisms and confirmations. Kefford and I were able to work down there helping out during that time and it was so amazing being with these youth so excited to be in our new temple. They had so many kids show up that they ran out of jumpsuits and as we were leaving the kids in line had at least another hour wait for the jumpsuits to get washed. I was impressed with all of the kids willingness to wait, not once did I see anyone complain or decide the wait was not worth it. I was so happy that we were able to go and be witness to this amazing turnout. The Spirit was so strong and it was pretty spectacular to carry the Spirit with us from the YCC through the Dedication and onto doing Baptisms. I have such a testimony of Temples and the work we do inside Temples. I will forever be grateful for the opportunity I have to go every week and to be able to take my kids every week. Going to the Temple weekly has been life changing for me and I can never say enough about the good it does.