Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The Meridian Temple...again

After school Ryker came up with a checklist of things he and Rylee needed to build with their legos. Pretty sure they were bored and were trying to come up with things to do. They made a happy face, built the tallest tower, made their initials out of the Lego's and make a sword. It was cute watching them build and then check off that item on their list. Avy was busy in the background wrapping a Christmas present for a lucky member of my family. 


I realized I wasn't taking any pictures of my Mom so I took a picture of her writing in her journal. It has been so nice having her here and I have really been loving spending time with her.
It has really been bothering me that we haven't been able to go through the Meridian Temple as A family. With Kenedy's busy schedule it has been hard to find a time to get together. We definitely wanted to take my Mom through and so I planned Tuesday night for us all to go. Kenedy had cheer pictures and when she got home we finished eating dinner and then got ready to head out. 
It was a lot more crowded then the other times we had gone and it was really cold walking to and from the Stake Center to the Temple. The most time we had to wait was getting our shoe coverings on and once we got up to the tent we were able to stand in front of heaters to make it more tolerable. 

I loved being able to go through the Temple with Kefford and all of my kids. It was a special feeling being in their together and I had a lot of emotions as I felt the Spirit.  As we were going through the sealing room Kenedy made the comment that she will be going in there in a couple of years and it made me reflect on how fast time is going and that all of my kids will be utilizing that room before we know it. I love being able to raise my kids in this Gospel and I love the opportunities we have being so close to a Temple. I can't wait to see what the future holds for our family and this beautiful Temple.

After the tour we went through the reception tent and had some pictures taken. I am feeling so grateful for my little family at this time and for the knowledge that families are forever. It was especially special to have my Mom with us, any time spent with my family is good time.

One funny thing I want to remember is that after the video presentation before the tour started the tour guide asked if anyone needed to take the elevator tour. Rylee leaned over and said "Grandma?" and I knew as soon as she said that that she was really hoping that her Grandma would need the elevator so Rylee could ride it also. Sure enough when Mom said she was fine to use the stairs Rylee was pretty disappointed. 



After the Temple tour we drove to the Stake Center so Kenedy could have her eclesiastical interview with the Stake President. While we were waiting for her Joshua sent a picture to the Lutes Hangout of a card he received in the mail from Avynlea. It made me laugh so hard, she sure is a goofy one. She said the prize she got was a ghost keychain and it was worth it.