Thursday, November 9, 2017

Birthday Time!

The morning of my birthday Kefford made me breakfast which was pretty great. Scrambled eggs and toast with strawberry jam. I love having breakfast made for me, well any meal really. 
Rylee wanted to make the birthday cake for me and Ryker and since she was on track break she was able to get it done in the morning. After she got the cake in the oven she set the timer on the microwave and then pulled a stool over so she could sit and keep an eye on the timer while also reading her book. 
Our birthday fell on a Wednesday this year and the kids were in the middle of dance practice for the Youth Cultural Celebration. So we had to have a bit of a rushed birthday celebration since the mutual age kids had to be at dance practice. Kenedy was at work and missed out on our partying which made me sad but I guess it is something I need to get used to since she will soon be off to college. Ryker was pretty anxious to start opening his presents and so we ate a rushed dinner of steak and fries and then let him have at it.

I got some gift cards which I always love and my Mom gave me my baby book and some childhood items of mine. An old journal, school papers and swim ribbons she had found. I was pretty excited about all of it especially the ribbons because I thought those were gone forever. It was fun reading through my journal and I definitely had some good laughs over the things I had written.
After gifts it was time for cake and Rylee made a delicious chocolate cake with crystal looking sprinkles on top. She did a really great job and I loved how excited she was about the great job she did. 

Kefford did an awesome job of cleaning up the kitchen since all of the kids were at YCC practice. I am a Beehive advisor and should have been at the practice as well but I took the night off for my birthday. :)
I had to get a picture of the hat my friend Michelle Ray knitted for me and the Belle/Gryffindor shirt Brit got for me. 
It was a very Happy Birthday for Ryker who turned 15 and for me who am now 39

5 things I love about Ryker:
1) He is a hard worker at school and despite taking harder classes, AP and Honors, does really well at keeping his grades up. He pays attention to what his grades are and works really hard to get them back up if they slip down to a B. His goal is to get straight A's all through High School and I know he can do it. 

2) He is good to all the other boys at church and I have had more then one Mother tell me they appreciate Ryker reaching out to and including their boys in his fun. He is really great at being including and has a good time will all the kids.

3) He likes to tease and sometimes torment his sisters but he loves them and is becoming more of a friend to Kenedy and likes to have fun with Avynlea and Rylee. I like seeing him have fun with his siblings. He and Rylee especially get along well and I often comment I am glad they have each other. They have similar interests and have no problem hanging out and finding things to do.

4)He loves the Gospel and has a testimony of our Savior that he is constantly working on strengthening. He loves Seminary and loves to tell us different points of Doctrine he is learning or a cool well his teacher taught a certain principle. 

5) Ryker can be quick to temper but he is also quick to apologize and make amends for the things he does wrong. He is a good boy and I am glad he is mine.

Rykers Favorite things:
Food: Hamburgers
Dessert: Ice Cream
Candy: Sour gummies
Church Song: If you could Hie to Kolob
Radio Song: Believer by Imagine Dragons
Book: Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordon
Movie: Justice League
Color: green
Friend: Parker Myers, Nathan Ferguson, Sam Ashton and Kaden Munson
Scripture Story: Helamen and the Stripling Warriors
Thing to do: trying new things
School Subject: Math