Thursday, July 20, 2017

San Diego Temple

I had the idea that it would be fun to go as a family to do baptisms at the Sand Diego Temple while we were at the beach camping. Any opportunity to take my kids to a Temple to do Baptisms is one I jump on. I sent the message out that this was our plan to take our kids and to let my family know so any of them that wanted to could go also. 
The ones who were able to go with us were Mat and Emily and their kids, Ashleigh, Alyssa and Alec. I called the Temple the day before to make a reservation and they said that only the kids could do Temple name baptisms, if the endowed adults wanted to do baptisms we would have to bring our own names. I was bummed because I really wanted to do baptisms but I did not have family names to do. Matt told me about an App called Take A Name App and you put in your family search login and it searches through your family tree to find names ready for baptisms or whatever ordinance you want to do. It takes a little while but within a couple of hours I had 20 names that we could take with us to do Baptisms. I was really excited that us Adults were able to participate, I don't think I have done Baptisms since I was a youth and I was excited to have the opportunity to participate.
We took Rylee with us since this has been her favorite Temple and I knew she would love to see it in person. She took my kindle with her and waited in the waiting room while we did Baptisms. 
It was so beautiful to be in this Temple with my family. I loved watching everyone be Baptized and I loved the Spirit that I felt. Ashleigh and I were talking about it later and we agree that we felt my Dad's presence there and that he was happy we were there. I am always so grateful for the opportunity my kids have to go to the Temple and do Baptisms, they are so blessed and I am hoping this will help instill in them a love for the Temple and a testimony of doing Temple work.


Ryker and Ben
Alyssa, Alec, Kenedy
Avynlea, Rylee and Isabelle

 The Temple grounds had a lot of snails all over and Avynlea was finding such delight in seeing all of them. At one point she exclaimed "look at all the snails with shells on them!" She is so cute to find such joy in the little things.

Ashleigh
Matt and Emily

Elizabeth, Ashleigh and Emily

Rylee with her favorite Temple

Elizabeth and Kefford
Ryker, Kenedy
Avynlea and Rylee

A message Ashleigh posted on my blog:
I don't think I ever told you, but a few Sundays after this trip I received confirmation that Dad had been at the temple with us during a Sunday School lesson. The lesson was on uniting families through temple work and I knew that Dad was not just excited that we were there doing baptisms, but that we were helping him because he had been teaching those on the other side the gospel and were waiting with them for the time that their work was able to be done on Earth. It was such an amazing and beautiful confirmation of forever families and the need for temple work. Thank you for setting it up for us.