Wednesday, July 5, 2017

4th of July Hike to Table Rock


I wanted to go on a Hike up to Table Rock for the 4th of July. Everybody would be home since it was the 4th of July, except for Ryker who was at scout camp, and I thought it would begun to hike it as a family along with Heather. When she was last here it was March and really wet and when we tried to go on the hike the trail was closed because of mud. This was our second chance opportunity. Everyone was game except for Kenedy. She wok up feeling achy and sore from the backpacking overnighter she went on and from cheer practice. So while Kenedy stayed home the rest of us drove to Boise to Hike Table Rock.
We took liege quick breaks along the tail for a breather, to drink water and to look at the scenery. It is so pretty to view the area we live in from a distance, it is so lush and green this time of year. We liked looking for the Temple and feel like we were able to spot the Meridian Temple. Not sure if we were right but it felt right.






 Once we got to the top I took off the backpack I carried up and sat down for a rest. It is a bit of a tough hike but it is also very fulfilling. I didn't realize how much I sweat until I went to put the backpack back on and felt the wet straps, pretty gross.
 Heather wanted to have a picture of her doing a yoga pose at the top of Table Rock. After she was done it was my turn. It was a little bit harder for me to look graceful in my picture since it was pretty difficult to find balance on the rock we were standing on. It was uneven and bumpy but I think I did pretty good despite the difficulties.

Once we were spotted doing what we do bast Avy and Rylee had to get in on the fun. Beautiful and fun girls!



Kefford went with Rylee and Avynlea to show him the caves they like to explore. After I threw away some garbage I got a text from Kefford telling me the girls wanted Me and Heather to look down at them. It took me a minute to hunt them down but they were finally spotted and we took their pictures. Kefford took a picture of Heather and Me at the same time.

Avy and Rylee found a resting place that to them was quite cozy.


Rylee likes to play dead sometimes and when she plays dead it always involves her tongue hanging out of her mouth. For some reason she thinks that is how dead people look. She is a little strange.
After we got done at Table Rock we drove over to the Boise State Stadium so we could show Heather the Smurf Turf in person. Avynlea and Rylee were the only ones small enough to squeeze through the gate to get to the field so we got just a picture of them with the blue. To be fair the gate had a sign that said "no parking in front of the gate" it did not have a sign saying keep out.