Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Halloween Night!

Halloween night 2016 was not how I imagined it to be. But as the kids keep getting older I realize I need to let go of my expectations and go more with the flow. Ryker was invited to hang out at his friends house and I was not happy about that. This family does not do trick-or-treating now that their kids are past the age of 12. I think that is fine for them but it meant Ryker was not going to dress up and go trick-or-treating with us. The non trick-or-treating was not a big deal, Kenedy was not going either. It was the fact that for the first time I was not getting my traditional everyone dressed up Halloween picture. I was sad and frustrated and mostly sad. For the Verona ward Harvest party he dressed up as Malfoy and I think if I can convince him to put it on really quick for a picture then I can collage pictures together and at least my Halloween Banner will have all four kids in it for 2016. I don't anticipate leaving kids out of it until they start going off to college which will happen sooner then I am ready for. 
Kenedy did her make-up again as the dead girl and I was able to get her to let me take a couple of pictures. 
Kefford wanted me to take a picture with him posing with the Halloween candy and I love how Kenedy was caught in the frame being a spook.
Kenedy had some of her friends over for a night of treats and games. I was happy with that because it meant she could be here to answer the door and Kefford and I could both go out with the kids together. She said their was not a lot of trick-or-treaters that came to the door which did not surprise me. This is still a mostly under construction neighborhood and a lot of empty houses surround us. We discovered more of this as we went around trying to trick-or-treat door to door and having to walk past all of those empty/under construction houses. The girls still got quite a bit of candy because people were letting them take more then one since they did not have a lot of people stopping at their houses. We were able to meet some of our neighbor and that was nice. After going around our new neighborhood we drove over to our old neighborhood to pickup Ryker and stop at some of our old neighborhood friends houses. That was nice and I think they enjoyed seeing us as well as us seeing them. 
Lauryn, Megan, Ashlynn, Anna and Kenedy

After we got home I told the girls to get ready for bed and then if there was time they could quickly look through their candy. Having Halloween on a week night is pretty hard since they have school the next day, which means it is not a good idea to have late night fun. Rylee was the only one that wanted to go through her candy.