Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Decorating the Tree

Sunday after church and after we ate and rested a bit we set up the Christmas Tree and had the Kids decorate it with their ornaments. I had put all of our Fall things away Saturday morning and was ready to decorate for Christmas, my shelves were looking pretty empty and sad. Kefford set up the tree and put on his tinsel garland and then the kids set about putting up their cute ornaments. It is always fun to watch them unwrap them and talk about when they got it or what it was. I had Christmas music playing on our Pandora radio and it was pretty fun to start getting in the Christmas mood.







I was a bit overwhelmed and indecisive with where I wanted to put things and so I let the decorations sit for a while as I thought about it and begun randomly placing things and by Monday mid afternoon enough inspiration hit and I had things put up and done. I found a black friday ad for lit garlands that were on sale at Tai Pan Trading and knew I wanted at least one and on Monday morning I headed over to see if they had any left and was excited to be able to purchase one for my stair railing and one for my mantel. I love finally having a mantel to hang our stockings on and I love how everything turned out. I wanted the focus of my mantel and shelves to be about Christ and had plenty of Nativities and things to be able to do just that. The Santa and Merry Christmas decorations are scattered around the house making everything feel so festive. I love this time of year and I love the Spirit and goodness that the holidays bring. I hope that we can keep the focus on our Savior and work on becoming better