Monday, October 31, 2016

Pumpkin Carving!

Sunday after church we carved pumpkins. Rylee was really anxious and wanted to start the pumpkin carving right away. The rest of us were not so anxious and wanted to eat and watch a movie and take a nap, which we did. Poor Rylee. Finally I let her get out the supplies and we decided that our foyer was the perfect place to carve pumpkins. Kefford and Kenedy were still off dozing so it was just the four of us for a while, I sent Rylee up to wake up the other two but Kenedy did not want to carve a pumpkin and Kefford ambled down a little while later just in time to help Rylee carve her design.

We got our pumpkins from the farm again this year which is pretty awesome that they have the resources and let us take as many as we want. I love having pumpkins to decorate with on my front porch and now that we have used some of them for Jack-o-Lanterns I feel a need to go back to Nyssa to get some more for decor. 
I decided to go with a classic Jack-o-Lantern face and am pretty pleased with how my guy turned out. 
Ryker wanted to do a cyclops and used a cookie cutter for the eye. He tried to use one for the mouth but it was starting to bend the cutter so he backed off and just used a knife. 
Rylee wanted to use a bunny cookie cutter for her design but it was not working as well so Kefford helped her find a bunny design online and had her trace it onto the pumpkin. He carved the shape out for her since she was not wanting to handle a knife just yet.

Avynlea had the idea to do the cookie cutters. She said she thought of it last year and then saw people doing it online, but it was her idea first! :0
She used the cutters to do a cute clover.
I think our Jack-o-Lanterns turned out pretty awesome this year. It was a painless and pretty fast process for all of us. A member of the Bishopric stopped by in the middle of our carving to ask Kefford, Kenedy, Ryker and I to speak in church on December 18th. So much time to prepare and worry and stress, I am not sure how I feel about how much time we have but hope we can do a good job. Hopefully this will help our new Ward to get to know us a little bit better.