Monday, November 7, 2016

Lots of fun!

A couple of weeks ago Kefford sent me a text with a picture saying The Barnyard made the front page of the paper. That was pretty cool except it was a little late in the season and who reads the paper anymore? I did enjoy reading the article and thought it was pretty cool advertising for them.
One morning Avy was eating frosted shredded wheat for breakfast when she found a clump of just the frosting. She thought that was a lucky find until she tried to bite into it and discovered it was hard as a rock. So she grabbed my phone, took a picture and then left it on the counter for me to find and throw away later.

With Ryker turning 14 soon he had a couple of things left to finish in his Duty to God book. It was to plan and make three meals that are healthy. He made a scrambled egg breakfast and then that night for dinner he decided to make biscuits and gravy. His biscuits turned out really good and I was impressed with how well he did. The next day he wanted to do another easy breakfast but I told him he had to do another dinner. We decided spaghetti would be good but I had him make breadsticks to go along with it. He needs to start developing more skills in the kitchen. Again he did a fantastic job with the bread and we all enjoyed the meal. Way to go Ryker!
Avynlea joined th garden club at school which meats after school on Wednesdays for about an hour. In this club they learned all about garden-ning and they used vegetables from their school garden to make salsa and other delicious things. They even went on a field trip to the botanical gardens to learn about floral and fauna. After the first week Ryker decided to stay after with her and do this garden club as well. I think he was thinking if she is staying he might as well stay to save his Mama a trip. They enjoyed it but it ended last week for the season and I was able to grab a picture they took of the group off of Facebook. 
Rylee has been hurrying to finish book 6 of the Harry Potter series and Thursday was her last day of school before track break. I told her she really needed to finish before she went on break so that she could take the test and start reading book 7. That morning before school she was reading on the couch and I was sitting watching her knowing what she was reading and wondering how she was going to react. I watched her read up to it, through it and then beyond with not even a flinch. I couldn't believe it and questioned her on why she has no feelings. She just laughed at me and said yeah it was sad but she is not like Avynlea getting emotional over everything. What a crazy girl. She managed to finish the book that day and took the test which she did great on. The next morning on her first day of track break we snuggled up on the couch to watch the movie of book 6. She liked watching the movie but commented she liked the book better, I definitely agree with that statement. Now she has started Book 7 and is well on her way to finishing the series, Amazing!
Sunday we went to Nyssa for Calebs baby blessing and after I did Avynlea's hair she looked at it in the mirror, said she loved it and then brought me my phone to take pictures of it. She is such a beautiful girl, I love her face!

I was able to bring out my fall things to decorate and was so pleased with how my fireplace and shelves look. I love this area in our new house and love that I have so many shelves and a mantel to put things on. When I first opened the fall/thanksgiving box and put stuff up I only had enough for the mantel and three shelves. I kept thinking I needed to get more fall things. After organizing and cleaning in the garage more Kefford brought in a box to put in our inside Attic space which I assumed was filled with kids papers and projects. Before putting it up I opened the box and took out the top papers which were little turkeys we made out of the kids hands and feet. Under the papers I found more fall and thanksgiving decorations that I had completely forgot about and had not seen in years. I have no idea how long these items sat in their box lost and forgotten in the attic but I am sure glad I found them because I have more cute things for my shelves!