Monday, November 28, 2016

Trolls and FroYo

I had some pictures that were not showing up when I tried to post them to my blog. It was really weird and I cannot figure out why they were hiding. Kefford helped me figure out how to get them put on my desktop and then I could transfer them from the desktop to my blog. 
While Rylee was on track break she went with me one day to Costco and she found this Harry Potter movie magic book that she fell in love with. She asked me to buy it for her and I told her I was not going to do that but that if she really wanted it she could buy it with her own money. She put it back and said she would think about it. The next day she came back and told me she really wanted to buy the book with her own money and we went and got it. She was pretty excited about having it and it is really a cool book.
One day while out at the farm Rylee got to go up with her Grandpa in his airplane. She loves flying with him and really loves when he lets her take control of the plane in the air. 

Kefford took this picture of a sign hanging at the airport. Pretty clever!

I told the kids Monday morning the week of thanksgiving that if they would get the upstairs good cleaned that I would take them to get frozen yogurt that afternoon. Every couple of weeks one of the FroYo places out here does a fill your cup for $3 deal and that Monday was one of the days. The kids decided that was a good enough incentive and we all headed upstairs and cleaned rooms, cleaned bathrooms, vacuumed, wiped down doors and baseboards, cleaned couches and dusted. Not once did anybody complain or argue and I was very impressed with all of them and felt they definitely deserved the FroYo. 
The next day was $5 movie day and I told the kids that if they would clean the downstairs like they did the upstairs that I would take them to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I cleaned the downstairs bathrooms that morning and I told them I would clean the stove top but that they needed to do the rest. I gave them all their assignments and told them to have it all done by the time I got back from the Temple so we could go to the movie. When I got back I found a clean home and happy kids and off we went to the movie. We saw some Trolls posters as we were heading in and Avy and I got a picture with them. 

We all really liked the movie and I really liked being able to do fun things with my kids. I need to think about this incentive thing more often because it really worked like a charm!