Thursday, November 10, 2016

Happy Birthday Elizabeth and Ryker!

Tuesday morning I woke up to birthday wishes and love from family and friends. Emily put a cute post on Facebook and instagram for my birthday that I loved. 
and I really loved the Ariel gif Ashleigh put on our Lutes hangout
I had told Cyndi a couple of weeks ago that I would substitute dance for one of the teachers who was going to be out of town this week. I subbed 3 classes in the morning and 2 classes after school on Monday and on Tuesday, my birthday, I was to sub 3 classes in the morning and 3 after school. Cyndi called the night before and said she would cover the tuesday after school classes since it was my birthday and I told her I would appreciate that and that I would cover the 3 morning classes on thursday for her. 
After teaching the three classes Rylee and I headed over to Paramount Elementary to vote for our new President. This was a crazy election and too be honest I was not thrilled with either candidate. I prayed about it and took it to Heavenly Father with who I was planning on voting for and felt good about my decision. I was glad that Rylee was able to be with me as I voted and I talked to her a little about the process and why it is so important and what a privilege it is for us to be able to vote for our leaders. I did get a little emotional as I was placing my voting ballot into the scanner and am so grateful to live in this free country where everyone can have a voice. 
When I picked Ryker up from school he saw that a birthday package had come for him and I from his Grandma Bonnie. He was pretty anxious to open it so I let him as soon as we got home. He got money and sour candy and was pretty happy with it all.
My Mom sent me a box of Sees chocolates and a gift card to amazon. 
While I was out and about during the day Lana stopped by and left some flowers for me on our doorstep and her son Drake picked out a bubblegum gun for Ryker. 
Cristal also came by with a gift for me, a package of kitchen items and a gift card to Hobby Lobby. I have such great friends and it was so sweet of them to think of me! I had a cold and although I hid it pretty well in the pictures I was not feeling very good. When Cristal stopped by I was feeling pretty terrible and she did not stay for long. I was bummed about the situation because I like hanging out with her but it was good of her to recognize how bad I felt and make her self scarce.
Kefford made us steak and tater tots for dinner which was delicious and much appreciated. After dinner we opened gifts and I got a new shirt some gloves a bag of peanut butter m&ms and a gift card to Target. I was pretty happy with everything!
Brit sent a present home with Kefford for me and I was thrilled to open it and find she got me a pack of Harry Potter socks! It is nice to be related and friends with people who know me so well. I love my new socks and will be wearing them all the time!!
Ryker got some new shirts. an adventure time game, a neck pillow and a saucer chair. The chair and the pillow he has been wanting for a while and was pretty excited to have received them.


After presents we got to eat cake! I told them I wanted chocolate cake which was the one flavor we did not have in the pantry and so while I was at the store that day I picked up some cake mix and frosting. Kefford made the cake when he got home from work. on a side note: Ryker and I stopped at Wal-Mart for a few things and while we were there we were looking for church clothes for him. I was carrying my wallet, phone and keys in my hand and did not realize until after we had checked out that I was missing my keys. We loaded up the car and then came back in and decided to retrace our steps to see if we could find them. After 5 minutes of looking and after whispering prayers in my head we found them sitting on the dress pants where I must have left them while we were  looking for church clothes. I am so grateful for the tender mercies form the Lord and that He helped us to find them.


Five things I love about Ryker:
1. Ryker has a strong desire to do what"s right and feels really bad when he makes mistakes. He is always very repentant and tries hard to be a better person. He is working hard on developing his testimony and prays and reads his scriptures every day. I love when I pass by his room and find him on his bed reading out of the Book of Mormon.

2. Ryker is very sensitive to my moods and is always concerned when he senses things are not right with me and tries to help me any way he can.

3. He loves his little Cousins and is very good with them. He has fun with them and plays with them and does not get annoyed with them.

4. Ryker loves to play Basketball and I love to watch him. My favorite thing is how he sticks his tongue in his cheek while he is playing. I think it is super cute!

5. Ryker has straight A's in school this year and is working very hard to maintain a 4.0 average. His favorite subject is Math because he thinks it is easy and I love that. I do not like math and do not find it fun and think it is so cool that he had this skill.

Ryker's Favorite Things:
Food: Hamburgers
Dessert: Ice Cream
Candy: Sour gummies
Church Song: Bring the World His Truth
Radio Song: Warriors by Imagine Dragons
Book: Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordon
Movie: Enders Game
Color: green
Friend: Baeden Jones
Scripture Story: Helamen and the Stripling Warriors
Thing to do: Ride go-carts
School Subject: Math