Monday, October 31, 2016

Peterson Halloween Party!

This year our annual Peterson Halloween Party was back at my house, where I hope and plan to keep it at from now on. I like having something that brings the family together in my home and taking the stress off Alison for once. 
Before the party Avynlea and Rylee got dressed up in their costumes and we headed out into our backyard for some picture taking. 
Rylee and Avynlea both decided a year ago what they wanted to be for Halloween this year. Rylee wanted to be Little Red Riding Hood and I found the cutest pattern at JoAnns to match her vision and mine also. I did not realize until after I bought the pattern that it was an adult size and they did not have it in her size. My friend Deena came over and helped me adjust the pattern so I could make her dress. It turned out so stinking cute and her and I both love it. Now that I know our new ward is a dressing up for Halloween type ward I am seriously considering making this costume for me. I do have it in my size after all. Rylee is such a beautiful Red Riding Hood!
Avynlea was Belle in her yellow dress last year and this year she wanted to be Belle in her blue dress. I could not find a pattern for this dress anywhere and so I had to piece different pattern pieces together and get creative with cutting up said pattern pieces to get the look I wanted. I think her dress turned out adorable and she looks like a beautiful Belle straight from the movie. 
Little Red Riding Hood
Belle
I wanted some pictures of the two of them together and Avynlea could not find her black shoes so she borrowed Rylee's for her individual shots and then had to go barefoot for the duo shots. 

I love these beautiful girls!

I couldn't believe how tall Rylee looked in these pictures and had the girls do a back to back picture so I could compare their heights. Rylee is definitely outgrowing her big sister!
For the party I did a baked potato bar and had a lot of yummy fixings to put on top, I also baked rolls to serve with them. I went to Costco to get some things and I was planning on buying rolls there but could not find any so I decided it was no big deal to make them myself. They must have been really good because they went fast and out of the 4 dozen I made I ended up with only 6 left over. Bob even told me they were good!I had the party guests bring their favorite Halloween treats and we had a lot of goodies for everyone to choose from. 

One of my kids thought Sadie and Charlotte were too cute and took pictures of them. I love that my kids love their little cousins and love having them around.

Ally-Nerd, Madi-Owlet, Brooke-Angel, Asher-Goofy, Tayvia-Minnie Mouse, Qiana-Pocahontas, Rylee-Little Red Riding Hood, Evalyn-Piglet, Hazel-Daisy Duck, Brielle-Mulan, Isabelle-Bat
James-Clown, Sadie-Doc McStuffins, Kelly-Bumble Bee, Avynlea-Belle, Kinsley-Mermaid, Jenna-Sophia the First, Audrey-Butterfly, Xander-Mickey Mouse, Charlotte-Owl
Caleb missed out on the group shot so we had to get a picture with him and the other two babies. Caleb was a penguin and he looked so cute and comfy.
Baby Caleb on his first Halloween.
Kefford told Kelsey he could go to the party and that he would take over at the Barnyard until he got back and then they would switch. By the time Kelsey got back to Emmett it was pretty busy and Kefford just stayed until closing. I was bummed that he could not make it to the party at all and again hope that next year things can work out differently. 
I had a really great time and enjoyed being around my Peterson family and having them in my home. Here's to another successful Peterson Halloween Party!