Thursday, October 20, 2016

Homecoming

A couple of weeks ago Kenedy showed me a picture of a fancy hairdo and asked if I would do her hair like that for homecoming. It looked like something I could do so I said yes. So an hour before her date was to arrive I got to work. I did her hair and then she wanted me to do her make-up. I have to say both turned out exceptionally well. I really feel like I am getting somewhat good at this hair business. She said at the dance she got a lot of compliments on her hair and was always happy to tell them that her Mom did it. Pat on the back for me!


Since I spent more money on the dress then I was hoping to I told her she had to borrow shoes. She was able to get some on loan from her Grandma Alison which I thought was pretty cute. When we went dress shopping I set a budget in my head of what my max amount would be for spending. We went with Deena Warner and her two girls, Kenedy's besties, Megan and Lauryn. We went to a couple of stores in the mall and Kenedy found one dress she liked and was willing to try on. Luckily it had enough modesty that we could fix the parts we had issues with. It was a beautiful dress and hit the max amount I wanted to spend. It was too short and the back had a big cut out that we had to fix. I bought a tulle petticoat off amazon to fix the length problem and Kenedy wore a black tank to fix the cut out problem. Easy peasy and no one knew the difference. Kenedy said that her cheer coaches were at the dance rating dresses and one of them placed Kenedy's in her top 5 and the other placed it in her top 3. I love that Kenedy was able to see that you can be modest and have a beautiful dress that others admire all at the same time. 

The total look...She is so beautiful!

Avy and Isabelle wanted a picture with Kenedy, it was fun for them to watch this process and dream about when it would be their turn.
Trey arrived with the flowers, his Mom ordered the corsage and boutonniere together so that they would match. 
Having never done this before Emily stepped in and demonstrated how to put the boutonniere on properly. Andrew made a great model!




They looked so good together and Kenedy told us the next day how much fun she had. I loved being a part of this process with her and am happy she gets to have such fun experiences.