Saturday, October 8, 2016

Buddy Walk

While we were at the scout meeting Nate announced that the buddy walk was that saturday and he was passing around permission slips. He asked me if I was gong to go and even though I didn't know about it until then I said yes! My older kids and Kefford have been volunteers for this event the past couple of years but I have not been able to go for whatever reasons. Avy and Rylee decided they wanted to go and since the others were busy it was just the three of us. I picked up my friend Denise Bryan to give her a ride and off we went. It was a lot of fun. We helped give shirts to the ones who pre-registered, Denise and I directed traffic and we were put in charge of babysitting the free water bottles and letting people know they could have free water. Avy and Rylee helped the best they could but when it came time of the party aspect of it they did more partying then helping which was fine. The Buddy Walk is an event designed to celebrate national downs syndrome month in october and to promote awareness and acceptance. Nate and Lana's second son Spencer has Downs syndrome and our friend Lauryn who used to take dance with us at elevated dance studio also has downs syndrome. My kids learned long ago acceptance and love for the downs syndrome community and it was fun to be there to help celebrate these special people.
Avy, Elizabeth and Rylee
Elizabeth and Denise
While we were at the farm for Whitney's baby blessing we took some time to go visit Grandma June. We don't see her enough and it was good to go and visit for a bit.
A week or two after we moved into our new home we were surprised with treats left on our doorstep because we had been Boo'd! It was a major Boo and so elaborate with the treats that were left. We got rice crispy treats, chocolate cookies, apples and caramel and glow sticks. Wow! What a haul!
I go to all of the football games to watch Kenedy cheer and the rest of the family go to only the home games with me. In theory Rylee likes going but once we have been their for about an hour she is done and wanting to go home. I took this picture of her and me when she was done with being at the game and not afraid to show it by her expression. Hahaha!
Ryker had a mole on his back that had been looking suspicious so I took him to the dermatologist to have it looked at. He said it needed to come off and he did it right their at the office. Rylee and Avy excused themselves to go wait in the waiting room before he got started on the removal, they were grossed out and not wanting to watch. It was a really quick removal, he numbed the area (which you can see in the bottom right picture. The mole with the white ring around it.). The bottom left picture is the before and then he just used a razor to scrape it off and the top picture shows the after. Easy peasy