Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Homecoming Weekend

A month or so ago I texted Emily and Andrew and told them that ben though they were coming for thanksgiving at the end of November that if they wanted to take a long weekend and come visit they should come for Homecoming weekend. I was hoping they would come but not really expecting it and so I was so very excited when Emily texted back that they would do it! Yes! She had parent/teacher conferences thursday night and so they were not able to leave until 9:00 pm. I dozed on the couch and waited for them to arrive which they finally did at 3:30 in the morning. I showed them to their rooms and talked for a bit and then we went to bed. All of my kids had school on Friday except for Rylee and so after I got everyone off for the day I woke up our visitors so they could get ready for the MHS Homecoming/Sports assembly at 9:00. Not a lot of sleep happened but we were all ready to go on time and with pretty chipper moods. I think we just enjoy being with each other :)
At the assembly we sat in the Senior section and had fun watching the dance team and the cheer teams perform. Kenedy looked so cute and it was fun for Emily and Andrew to watch her for the first time do her cheer thing. 

At the end of the assembly the entire student body links arms and sings the alma mater. I jokingly linked arms with Andrew and Emily and then the kids on either side of them linked up with them. It was pretty funny and a little awkward. 
Group picture with the cheerleader!
Andrew, Kenedy, Emily, Rylee, Isabelle and Ben
After the assembly we went back to my house and chilled out for a couple of hours. Jessica came over and did my hair while our visitors took naps. After I picked up the kids from school we headed out to The Barnyard so I could help Brit run it until the guys got back from Baker. Since nobody was their I took my family through the corn maze. Qiana came along with us and it was a good thing she did because she has been through it so many times she knew how to get us out. 

Rylee, Qiana, Isabelle, Andrew and Avynlea
Elizabeth and Emily


We stayed for about an hour but then we had to take off to make it back to Meridian in time for the Homecoming football game. I felt bad leaving Brit but still nobody had shown up and the guys were due back within 30 minutes so she was fine. 
Once we got home we quickly ate some dinner and then bundled up for the game. Emily has never gotten into the game of football and I was able to keep her informed by telling her what was going on and what things meant. We played against Capital and they ended up winning. Oh well we had a lot of fun hooting and hollering and laughed a lot. 

It was a pretty cold night and by the end of the game some of us were on the verge of freezing. Kenedy's cheer coach got a couple pictures of the cheerleaders trying to keep warm. Those poor girls have it rough. They can't bundle up and keep warm at all.
At halftime they announced the Homecoming court and then crowed the Homecoming King and Queen. We happened to be sitting right in front of the Homecoming Kings family and he came and joined them after he won but not before he did a wonderfully executed Dab. We were eavesdropping on his conversations and cracking up because the things he was saying were so funny and ridiculous. I wanted to take a picture with the HoCo King but not with him knowing and when I saw the face we captured we about died with laughter. Not done on purpose at all!
At the end of every homecoming game they have the burning of the M. Avy was really excited to see it this year since I wouldn't take her to the game last year. It was pretty cool!
Cheerleaders are in charge of the Homecoming Dance every year, it is their biggest fundraiser with them getting 100% of the total profits. They deserve it too since every year the dance is so amazing and the decorations are too cool. I was on the committee to decorate the food area and the theme the cheerleaders picked was Haunted House. It was fun having Andrew and Emily there to help and when it came time to hang some of the decor the other women on my committee came to really appreciate Andrews height. After we were done with our area we walked around to check out what some of the other committees had done. I was super impressed and thought everyone did such a great job planning and executing the theme. 
I woke up that morning with pink eye and when we called the eye Dr. he said it was probably the kind of pink eye you get from being sick. I did have a sore throat the previous day and the next week had a cold so that makes since although I did not like it at all. I wanted my picture taken in this scary corner but did not want picture with my pink eye so I covered my face which fit the mood. 
This is part of the area we worked on and I think it turned out smashing. One of the other Mom's sewed all of the tablecloths and they looked so cool, I wanted to keep one for myself.
Later that night we made a run to Wal-Mart where I found some fun pajamas to try on. I was putting them on over my clothes so I grabbed an XXL to give myself plenty of room. They were so big on me and Andrew sent the picture on the farthest right to my family and they all commented on how small I looked. 
The next day at church I looked over and saw Ben resting his head on Ryker's shoulder. It was so cute I had to take a picture. 
I am so happy whenever anyone in my family is able to make a visit and even though this visit was on the shorter side it was jam packed with fun and laughter.