Sunday, October 2, 2016

Moving!

For the past three and a half years we have been trying to find a new house to buy. We felt we have outgrown our current house and needed to find a bigger one that didn't feel so tight. We ended up building a new house which was fun and stressful. At the end of September on the 29th we signed the papers and on the 30th we got the keys to our new home. 
My friend Elaine came friday morning to help me clean the upstairs bathrooms in our old house. As soon as we got word that we could start moving things into our new home we took a break from cleaning and drove over to unload the expedition and trailer Kefford, the kids and I filled. It didn't take us very long and then it was back to cleaning. Elaine took charge in the bathrooms and I cleaned some of the bedrooms and helped pack and load more stuff. Elaine has been such a good friend to us the past 13 years and I will really miss having her right down the street from me. She cleaned the kids bathroom and the master bathroom and did such a thorough job she didn't get done until 8:00 that night. At one point the bathroom door was cracked open and since I hadn't heard from her in a while I peeked in and saw her legs laying on the floor straddling the toilet, I thought she had died or passed out from the cleaning. But when I asked her if she was ok she answered and said yes, she was just cleaning the bottom of the closet. In addition to fridays help, her daughter cooked us dinner for friday and saturday night and then Elaine came back on Monday to help me get the cleaning finished. I was just plan on having the two of us take care of the cleaning but when I woke up Monday morning I knew we had a big job ahead of us and decided to text a couple friends for help. It was really last minute but I had Devri Walls, Lindsey Hurst, and Lana Hope come and help. Later in the day Alison and Whitney came over to help as well. I am so grateful for these ladies who were ok with dropping whatever they had planned to help me out for the day. I wrote them al thank you notes and bought them king size candy bars as a thank you. In addition to the help cleaning, Alison and Whitney helped with the moving as well as Jared Hansen and Steve, Mikells husband. A month before I told A teacher at the studio that I would sub her friday night dance classes for her that night not knowing that was going to be moving day. I felt terrible leaving when I did knowing I really should have been their helping but it was nice to come to our new home after dance to find a lot of things done. We have the greatest friends and family. I really appreciate everyone who pitched in to help us.

Elaine and I
The girls wanted to take pictures in their empty closet. These two were born in this house and have never lived anywhere else. It was strange and exciting for them to be moving to a new place.
Saturday morning we went back to the old house to load up the rest of our stuff. Kefford had Avynlea and Rylee ride in the trailer to help keep the computer steady do it wouldn't fall over and get ruined. They were so excited to be locked up in the trailer for the 3.5 miles to our new house. Rylee kept saying it was a dream come true. They are hilarious!
Saturday morning our new Stake, the Linder Stake, was doing a french toast breakfast for everyone in the stake. This Stake was just newly formed and so the Stake Presidency wanted to do something fun to get to know more people and so we could meet them. Avy and Rylee were the only ones who wanted to go with me and boy did the others miss out. We had french toast, fried ham, fruit and Hot Chocolate. It was delicious and a perfect breakfast to celebrate being in our new home!

We found a cool leaf bug on the outside of our new house.