Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Rylee goes back to School

Rylee had her first day of school on August 8th. We had a last week of fun up in McCall but now it is time for her to get back to work. Rylee is in fourth grade this year and for the first time in her elementary school career she is flying solo. I wondered if it would be harder for her but she had no insecurities that she showed and was just ready to be back in school and to see her friends. 

I asked Rylee how she wanted me to do her hair and she told me a hair bow. I don't always feel confident with my hair bows and feel they don't always turn out really cute. I expressed my concern to Rylee and she said "Mom, I want you to do a hair bow because you always do the most beautiful hair" That was adorable and definitely gave me more confidence to create what she wanted. I did her hair and the bow turned out so cute and looked so good that I couldn't stop looking at it, I was pretty proud. I was trying to get a picture of her while we were waiting for it to be time to leave for school and while we were watching the olympics and she kept making faces because she knew what I was doing. Funny kid!
I love this beautiful fourth grader of mine!
I love her Harry Potter backpack!

When she came home after school she told me how much fun it was and she really likes her teacher. She has the same teacher that Ryker had his fourth grade year though she was Mrs Bryant with Ryker, and Mrs Larson with Rylee. Her husband had died from a brain aneurism the year before Ryker and between Ryker and Rylee having her got remarried.
I was worried her hair was going to be a hot mess when she got home but I must have done more things right because it still looked great! 
Yay for fourth grade!