Monday, August 22, 2016

Fun Times in California

On Sunday JayLynn came to church with her hair straightened. I have never seen it straight before and it looked so cute and it was so long! While we were waiting for church to start I think I was looking on Pinterest and I found a cute braid that I told JayLynn we should try on her hair. She very excitedly agreed and later that evening I did the basket weave braid in her hair and it looked so pretty.!
Anita doesn't usually come to Mom's house for dinner on Sunday nights though her kids are there every week. This Sunday she came so we could spend some time together and I am so glad she did. I love this girl so much and am so happy she is my sister! She sent me this picture that she took of us at  Ashleigh's wedding.

I got to spend a lot of time with my Mom this week. Most of my sisters were already back to school teaching, Erin was the only one whose school hadn't started yet so she came over off and on for a couple of days. She brought some of her stamps and markers and we made a lot of cute cards together. On Tuesday Mom and I went and did a session at the Redlands Temple. It is a really pretty Temple and I always love being at any Temple with members of my family! I made sure to get a couple of pictures of us after we were done.


I sure do love Palm Trees! I only wish we could grow them in Idaho.
On Wednesday I got together with my friend Iris. Iris was my best friend all through middle school and high school. The last time we had seen each other was at our ten year reunion ten years ago. It was so nice to catch up and visit for a couple of hours. We went to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory where she paid and then we walked around the mall for a while laughing and chatting. We got our eyebrows threaded and it hurt a lot more then I hope I let on. I did love how my eyebrows looked afterward so I would most likely do it again sometime. After a while we headed back to the Cheesecake Factory where I treated both of us to some delicious cheesecake. It was a good afternoon visiting with my childhood friend. It felt like we were 16 all over again and that time had not passed at all. 
threaded eyebrows
On Thursday Mom and I drove to Moreno Valley to visit Stephanie and hang out in her classroom. Ashleigh was subbing at her school that day and was only doing a half day so she got to come and hang with us also. At lunch time we went to Taco Bell to get some food to bring back. Mom had to leave to go to a Drs appointment so she dropped us off with our food and left. After we ate Stephanie dragged me over to the dance room to see my former dance teacher who now taught at that school, Mrs McQuain. It was pretty surreal to see her, in high school I always thought she was a bit weird and Stephanie says she has not changed a bit. It was fun to tell her that I am a dance teacher as well.
Stephanie has Alyssa in her last class and it was fun to see her and take some pictures. Stephanie's last class is a free period and we spent the time talking and watching The Office.

Ashleigh, Stephanie and Elizabeth
Saturday was my flight home. My flight did not leave until 4 so I was able to go and watch my Nephew Alec scrimmage for football. I have never been able to watch him play and it was so nice to be able to actually see him do his thing. We cheered loudly for him and I know he liked it even though he said it was embarrassing. I just told him that is what Aunties do. I wish we lived closer so I could go to his games to watch and cheer. Oh the hardships of living far away. I wasn't able to get pictures of him while he was playing so I made sure to take a couple after. 
I had such a nice trip and although I missed my Husband and kids I was sad about leaving my family. I don't get to go down often at all and it makes it hard leaving not knowing when I will be back. I did pretty good keeping my emotions in check all day and then I came home and climbed into bed and bawled my eyes out. My kids were pretty excited to see me and visited with me while I unpacked. It is good to be home.