Wednesday, August 3, 2016

McCall Trip part 1

The last week in July Brit had her baby Hazel Joy! Because she was born on that particular thursday night Kelsey and Kefford had to go to Baker the next day for work and Brit asked me if I could come and keep her company that friday since Kelsey could not be there. I had promised the kids I would take them to the movies to see The BFG and I could not change that to another date because we we're leaving to go to McCall on Monday for the week and the next Monday Rylee started school. I told her we could come after the movie for a little bit. 
I only had Kenedy and Rylee come with me since the other two had a bit of a cough. It was fun to see the newest Peterson and to love on her for a bit. I could only stay for an hour because Kenedy had to get back home to work and I wish I could have stayed longer to keep Brit company but we did the best we could. So fun to have another new baby in the family!
The next Monday the kids and I cleaned up and packed up and headed to McCall. Well all of my kids except Kenedy, she was dropped off at cheer camp that morning. We got tot the McCall house around 4:00 and when we walked inside I got instantly overwhelmed because of all the noise of so many littles running around, it was crazy! Alison likes to do a Grandma, Daughters, Daughters-in-law and grandkids get away for a week in the summer up in McCall. Not everyone could make it but most people were there..Mikell plus her 4 kids, Whitney with her 3 kids, Gwen with her 3 kids, Alison, us, Trista, and Alison brought 5 of Brits kids. Lots and lots of littles. It was fun for me to be with everyone and I got to hold Whitney's newborn Kinsley a lot this week and the kids loved being with their cousins!

Basically this week was spent with cousins running around and playing games with the adults visiting and trying to contain the chaos :)
We took the kids down to the "beach" every day and all of the kids loved that, whether it was jumping off the dock, paddling around in the paddle boat or playing in the shallow water there was something for everyone. 
Avy is really close with Ally and they wanted to do a besties mini photo shoot.

Mikayla, Ally and Avy were enjoying a peaceful ride in the paddle boat while Ryker and Bailey jumped of the dock.
Bailey really enjoyed tormenting the girls. Mikaylas face in this picture of Bailey jumping to splash them cracks me up. 
He was trying to throw Avy in the water but she put up a pretty good fight and he didn't do it. He likes to tease but he is a sweet kid. Bailey always gives me a hug when he sees me and I really enjoy being around him and I really love his friendship with Ryker. They are good friends!
Bailey, Ryker and Ally
There were a lot of little baby frogs hopping around and some of the kids, mostly Asher, liked to grab them and hold them. Rylee had one and let me take her picture and then she pretty much lost interest but Asher could not stop going after them and we finally had to tell him to stop. Those poor frogs were probably really traumatized by all the grabbing.
Beautiful Avynlea
That afternoon Gwen and I took our kids into town to get some ice-cream and walk around the shops and down by Payette Lake's beach. 
Getting ice-cream down ice-cream ally is always a delicious treat!
Later that evening Trista and I left to go back to Meridian for the night so I could get Kenedy from cheer camp the next day and she could go to a Dr's appointment. It was nice to get back and see Kefford for a little bit before we went back up to McCall to spend the rest of the week with our family.