Sunday, August 14, 2016

Adele!

A couple of days after Rylee had her first day of school I packed my bags and headed to California. Many, many months ago Heather asked me if I would be able to go online and try to get tickets to see Adele in concert. Heather has always been able to get all of our concert tickets before but this time she was going to be teaching and really couldn't stop that to try for tickets. We knew that Adele tickets were in high demand and selling out so fast and so I was pretty nervous about the pressure of being the one to try for tickets but I stepped up to the plate to give it my best shot. It was on a Thursday and I had my Adult dance class and then a Kinderstars dance class that I had to be at eventually. When I went to the ticket buying website it put me in a virtual waiting room after I put in the information it needed. Once I was in that waiting room it was just a matter of waiting, and waiting, and waiting. A good couple of hours of waiting. I was starting to get really nervous because I was still waiting and I had to leave for dance class. I had already sent a text to my friend and told her I was going to either be very late for adult class or miss it altogether but I would be there for Kinderstars. It was getting down to the wire and I had just sent a text to Heather saying I had to leave and I did not think it was going to happen. She wrote back that she understood and that so many people were trying to get tickets that it was more common for people not to get tickets then it was for them to be successful. I felt bad but what can you do? I was trying my best. I was just about to close up shop when my screen changed and I WAS IN! I could not believe it, I was so excited and in a bit of shock to be truthful. I hurriedly put in emails and credit card information and once I received confirmation that I had successfully bought four tickets I sent a pic of my screen to send to Heather. We were so excited! 

Last year I missed Kenedy and Rykers first day of school because my solo California trip fell during that time. I didn't want that to happen again so I booked my flight to fall between Rylee's first day of school and the other kids first day of school. After I booked my flights I found out that Kefford's little sister got engaged and her wedding was the day I fly home. The problem being I was not flying in until late saturday night, I was going to miss all of it, the sealing, family pictures and the reception. I considered changing my ticket to get back the day before but it would cost me $100 to make the change and so although I felt bad for not being there, it is what it is and sometimes you miss out on things. 

As I was waiting to get off the airplane in California I took a few selfies.

Friday night was the night of the concert and Mom, Heather, Ashleigh and I were the lucky ones to be able to go. I wish I could have bought more so more sisters could have come but I was only allowed four, booo. We ate dinner in LA at Smashburger which is so good and right down the street from the venue, The Staples Center. Once we got inside we went to get our Adele shirts and I really like the one I got. We went to find our seats and discovered we were at the very top of the nose bleeds. The very top, no one behind us, we were it, the furthest up you could go. 
I was trying to get  a picture of me and Heather but the lights were making weird shadows on my face. I thought it was funny but once I took that picture I wanted one without the crazy shadows. Ashleigh was nice to take a better picture of us then I took one of her and Mom and then we took one altogether.



One thing I liked about her concert was she did not have any warmup bands. I liked that we could sit and visit and not have to listen to bands we don't care about and usually playing music I don't like. Adele was a little late coming out but once she did it was amazing! She has such a beautiful voice and I loved listening to her English accent while she was talking. I could understand most of what she was saying while she was on the main stage but at one point she moved to the center stage and while she was talking over there none of us could understand any of it. This woman, when she talks, talks a lot. So while she was on the middle stage talking she was talking a lot, like going on and on for ten plus minutes with us up in the bleeds not understanding a bit of it. All I know was that what she was saying was really funny because those that could hear her were laughing quite a bit. I understood her songs though and really enjoyed her concert a lot. I was happy to be there and to be there with my Mom and sisters was quite the fun night!